boy"O"boy's 1991 Orange Aluminium "O"

MattScant":2a10yqqh said:
I have an old stool Aluminium O in a bit of a state that I’m looking to sell. Where would be best to list it?
Bob it in the For Sale Section matey... ;)

Re:

miake108":202mgasy said:
Looks good but how about a silver stem and seat post?

Probably not on this one. When I built it originally, I had the picture of the 'all black' Steve Wade formula in mind. Over time and seeing more pics of the Formula..... Mine has slightly evolved to be something I'm happy with.
Having enough spares to build a 2nd just got me thinking.... Where could I go next (but keep this one as is)

Cheshire1980":202mgasy said:
Definitely think it’s worth getting another Alu O 17 inch. Such a shame my 17 inch one has a crack. Got half a dozen 19 inch frames. Best to leave your current one, and just literally play, experiment once you have another frame, Will keep a look for a 17 inch o!

Cheers Calum. Definately will be the plan. Currently checking any leads and eBay watches for a suitable 17" so another pair of eyes is great. Thanks. :cool:
Such a shame on the Iceman.... But in a way, nice that it gets to stay as the "Iceman"

brocklanders023":202mgasy said:
Think the darker rims look better tbh Ben. Manitou's could be interesting though. :cool:

Completely agree Ed.
Some years ago, I did photoshop on mine for someone that was unsure which forks to put on their black "O" (can't remember who :oops: :oops:) ..... But always liked the pic with the Manitous. Just got me thinking.
As for the rims. Definately the MA40's suit this build better. I have a strange attraction to the silver rims on the Formula in the 1991 brochure pic though!

MattScant":202mgasy said:
I have an old stool Aluminium O in a bit of a state that I’m looking to sell. Where would be best to list it?

Old Stool Aluminium O!!!! :LOL: :LOL: .... Is it white and furry!! :LOL: :LOL:

If it's a 17" frame size, I'd be very interested pending some pics.
Graham_hkr":202mgasy said:
MattScant":202mgasy said:
Bob it in the For Sale Section matey... ;)

..... as Graham rightly says, you need to put it in the >97 For Sale section. Don't forget to add a price, the mods will lock your Ad otherwise. Also, as a new user, you won't be able to send or receive PM's (Private Messages) until you have 30 posts. Including an email or contact number may help you with a sale in this instance. Good luck!

Here's some 'borrowed' pics of the original 'Formula' that inspired this build. Hopefully another 17" frame will see it go in a different direction again.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 450
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 450
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 450
Re: Re:

SouthCoastRetro":91lyfrb4 said:
I miss mine.

Remember yours SouthCoastRetro. Did I do the decals for you at the time?

So, just finished another missing piece from my Original "O" spec..... a 1 1/4" Custom stalk. :cool: Not entirely happy with the old vinyl cut decals I dug out....definitely remember the original items being screen printed on clear.
Need to fit this and reminisce. Pics to follow
Long term, I think the Syncros Cattle prod will stay though... It never had this BITD but it's become a key part of my "O"
I definitely need a 2nd early Aluminium "O" (1st or 2nd Gen) 17" frame to do some comparative builds.

Here's some pics.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• custom stalk 4.jpg
    custom stalk 4.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 299
  • custom stalk 3.jpg
    custom stalk 3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 299
  • custom stalk 2.jpg
    custom stalk 2.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 299
  • custom stalk 1.jpg
    custom stalk 1.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 299
Re:

Hi All.

So the missing piece from my Ali "O" is finally added. It's now 99% accurate to my original (full background story on the 1st page) Pedals also changed to NOS DX spd's.

I've grown used to seeing it with the Syncros Cattleprod and Shotgun bars... but I'm actually growing to looks of the custom stalk.
I intend to build a 'Twin' to this if I can find another early Aluminium "O" frame in 17" - I have duplicates of everything but want to spec it how I would have upgraded the original all those years ago. Slow burner of a project mind....

It's taken 12 years and 2 complete restorations to get to this point, so waiting for the right 2nd "O" isn't a problem!

Here's my pics.

cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• custom stalk 6.jpg
    custom stalk 6.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 278
  • custom stalk 5.jpg
    custom stalk 5.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 275
  • ALI O WITH STALK_1.jpg
    ALI O WITH STALK_1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 274
  • ALI O WITH STALK_2.jpg
    ALI O WITH STALK_2.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 274
  • ALI O WITH STALK_5.jpg
    ALI O WITH STALK_5.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 278
  • ALI O WITH STALK_4.jpg
    ALI O WITH STALK_4.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 278
:) looked pretty sorted with the syncros stem, but the one piece design and the orange logo i think are a great addition and really add to the overall look. Though i am a fan of all black, its the little touches like the silver seatpost clamp that seem to really make the black stand out on this.

You told me once you prefer to ride 19" frames so curious why you prefer this in 17", has it got a long top tube?

Latest posts

Back