Powdercoat then Decals?

im happy to be proven wrong of course. anything thats makes a good durable finish is a good thing

KeepItSteel":351sfs7g said:
im happy to be proven wrong of course. anything thats makes a good durable finish is a good thing

I don't think there is a wrong or a right. I suspect both have their pros and cons :)

I will have a set of decals on their way from gil_m fairly soon and I am wondering about powder coating my steel frame now versus simply cleaning the frame, removing the existing decals and reapplying the new ones. The paint is in fairly good condition but there are nicks and scrapes as well as the chainstay damage I mentioned in another thread. i’m not looking for a museum quality restoration, I plan to ride it constantly, but I would like it to look as good as possible. The collection of NOS and used parts I have assembled for the second build of this bike (almost full XT) will make it pretty special.

So what are the pros and cons of trying to refinish it myself (I have no experience) versus the powder coating?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back