Fork Identity

Marvel

Old School Hero
Does anyone recognise the front end and chainset on this Al-mega? Before everyone tells me, I know the head-stock has been modified. Apparently it was to stop it cracking when it was used for dual slalom.

Attachments

• 3453200663_fee305dd85.jpg
    3453200663_fee305dd85.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,044
Re:

Forks look like Marzocchi Monster T, Chainset looks to be XT but should have FC-M then a number 7 XT, 5 LX.

Re:

Thanks for the reply. I'm probably wrong but I don't think they are Marzocchi's. I've searched the web and can't find any pics of the same. Similar but not quite the same.

Re:

So Ive got a pair of period Junior T's coming but they are 1 1/8". Is it possible to sleeve the steerer up to 1 1/4" rather than sleeve the frame down to 1 1/8"?

Re:

It turns out my frame was already sleeved down to 1 1/8" so the Junior T's fitted OK. I cleaned them up and put some 7.5W oil in. They work OK but I only get about 50mm travel. The online info says to fill to 90mm from the top when fully compressed which I've done so am guessing the springs are too stiff. Did they make softer springs? Has anyone got some spare?

Back