Funk unicorn

Re:

Star12:2ra81g5c said:
Definitely Ringle. Straight Ringle. ;)

Star12
Well you would say that wouldn't you :D

In the meantime, I only have a few parts of go before it finished so if you could help me out with any of the following, I’d be eternally grateful;

M900 shifters This should be easy, but I just can’t bring myself to pay the prices people are asking (and not getting) on eBay :roll: .
Perches for the above Probably should have put out a wanted for these a long time ago as I think they're going to take a while to find! Ideally, I want Proshift as their squareness will match the Love Levers (I think).
Handlebar Red would be nice but that would mean going with silver perches but if I found a set of red perches then silver would be okay – I think that makes sense?
Grips
Chain
First gen Dura Ace Hyperglide's are horribly expensive, so I just have to build up to it… :roll:
Chain rings M900 or some sort of exotica.

I did source a very nice Cook’s BB but it turned out to have two right-hand bearing cups 🤦 . If anyone has a solution I’m all ears! Cook BB cups.JPG IMG_9088 (2).JPG

Last edited:
I nearly bought one of these when i bought my original Funk but the final decision was to buy same year raised chainstays. It was only a year or so later the fork issue forced them to close and so there wont be many of these around any more and those that are will be in garages and barns, nice work sir! My yankee funk is loud and i'd love my original polished version again one day.

Re:

I guess you had the Durango rather than the Pro Comp I have? I'm pretty sure they're the same thing but it would be good to see them side by side.

Do we know for certain what the actual problem was with the fork (presumably the Gen 2)? I did read something about a subcontractor who was used to anodize the stanchions but I can't remember the specifics.

Re:

It coming together... Sorted the perches, shifters and bar, so assembled the brakes. The grips are only temporary as they came off the Pro Comp.

Just need to sort the BB and chainrings and we're there! IMG_9243 (2).jpg IMG_9242 (2).jpg IMG_9237 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back