1994 Kona Explosif

Re:

that will be a never ending built ;)
got mine from new till 95 and still make it change every year....
at the moment, mine is full rigid and singlespeed with a nice world force cockpit and I damn love it :cool:

cheers
chris

Re:

Really enjoyed these posts. Have you thought about putting the joystick back on? IMO the mags really suited it. The Kona is a great muse.

Love this bike! More costume changes than Ainsley Harriot at a sauna...

Which braided stainless hydraulic hoses did you use for the Maguras on the previous page? How much do they weigh compared to the standard black plastic hoses?

Thanks for the comments :D
Redfour: unfortunately the Graftons and the Mag 21 are long gone, the cranks were beautiful but cost far too much and I was scared of breaking them!
Ectoplasmosis: :oops: what can I say! I get bored and have a few parts lying about :D The hose kit on the those brakes is branded as Magura but I'm 95% sure its a Goodridge kit, they're still available, now with plastic coated non paint eating hose :D expensive though (£35 per brake :shock:) and makes no real difference to the power or feel, it's easy to trim and the fittings are reusable, also more flexible than the standard hose so could help with dodgy cable routing. I'm not sure I'd bother myself, but it came with the brakes and works so it will stay.

Re:

Thanks for the tips, I was contemplating the Goodridge kit for my HS33’s but it seems like it’d only raise tart points!

Thanks for bumping this thread, because now I've seen it!

I absolute love watching a bike change over time to account for moods, inspiration and available spare bits!

This was a joy to revisit and it looks a fast, fun looking bike you've got there.

pw_pw_la, thanks, glad you like it! 🙂 I'm always fiddling with the spec on this, I love the frame and enjoy trying out different bits on it, it rarely stays the same for more than 2/3 months at a time. It's a definite keeper and changing it about keeps it fresh and interesting. 👍

Last edited:
Back