Orange Clockwork 1992/93 Collection.

Hiya. I keep finding this page on my research travels! You say the 1992 is the best and fave, is this just the orange fade one, not the black too? Different? And then how does 92 compare to 93? I'm picking up a 93 frameset like yours but needs TLC, off a mate soon. So looking at options.
How do these compare to Prestige? I had an early one BITD loved it, now I have a 92/3 must check serial (it's purple and gunmetal fade) and tempted with another does the year matter on prestige?
Cheers!!!
:)

Hi, yes purple and gunmetal grey Prestige will be a 1993, owned a couple in the past, ride really well, nimble and smooth, slightly lighter than a clockwork, but the tubing is more delicate, more prone to dings. Have a Mbi mag review of the prestige 93, must send you some pics. The black clockwork i have pictured is a November 92.

Cheshire1980":239xmpjv said:
Hi, yes purple and gunmetal grey Prestige will be a 1993, owned a couple in the past, ride really well, nimble and smooth, slightly lighter than a clockwork, but the tubing is more delicate, more prone to dings. Have a Mbi mag review of the prestige 93, must send you some pics. The black clockwork i have pictured is a November 92.

That would be great, yes please.
It's funny my Prestige like many other builds started as something I'd ride a lot and not be to precious about. It's now my blingiest build to date! So my next will be down to Earth like I did BITD, simpler life with one proper MTB (or was it!?). I'm not overly inspired about the 93 Clocky yet...
(Edit: I've just read the catalogue again, could be a machine!)

So does the orange fade 92 model really ride nociably different to the 93 or even the late 92 black one?! What did they change. What about Prestige did they have a best year?
And why do I never see one for sale bigger than 19"?! Haha

Cheers

Could anyone tell me if I'm right in thinking my clockwork is a 93 model? I'm thinking either 92 or 93.. it has suntour gears and crank ect ... the stickers I got done off a bloke on here I think, they are exact copy's of originals.. any info appreciated.. in after an original seat too if anyone has one 😇

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-172536_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-172536_Instagram.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 11
If you look at the frame number under the Bottom bracket of the frame, I can clarify the year. But certainly will be a 92/93 Clockwork. Very nice indeed. i used to have a 92 Prestige in the same colour scheme 😎👍

If you look at the frame number under the Bottom bracket of the frame, I can clarify the year. But certainly will be a 92/93 Clockwork. Very nice indeed. i used to have a 92 Prestige in the same colour scheme 😎👍

Bought it for £200 few year back off someone on hear (i think) ...

it needed some cleaning off of old stickers and new ones added and a few other bits but I'm glad I got it now. Put some new xt blocks on it, stickers, couple of orange bits but didn't bother re spraying... left it original.

Thanks btw I'm gonna have a look for frame number tomoz 👍 don't suppose you no anywhere I might get a orange seat? Lol would love a original seat, seat post and handle bars 😂 I'm guessing it's not that easy though

Quick question .. would you put rock shox on it? Old indy ones .. iv got some sanded down but I'm not so sure to put em on now.. not like I'm using it like that. Just for fishing lol.

Bought it for £200 few year back off someone on hear (i think) ...

it needed some cleaning off of old stickers and new ones added and a few other bits but I'm glad I got it now. Put some new xt blocks on it, stickers, couple of orange bits but didn't bother re spraying... left it original.

Thanks btw I'm gonna have a look for frame number tomoz 👍 don't suppose you no anywhere I might get a orange seat? Lol would love a original seat, seat post and handle bars 😂 I'm guessing it's not that easy though
I have a black orange post that should fit this. Probably a couple of years later but will work. It was on my 92 prestige for a while

I have a black orange post that should fit this. Probably a couple of years later but will work. It was on my 92 prestige for a while
Where abouts are you? How much you thinking? I'll double check size tomoz. I used to know but can't remember now lol.. I know it's 1inch headset and 26.4 seatpost

Back