British Eagle 80's Dadwagon

ectoplasmosis

Old School Hero
Been building up this 80's British Eagle 531ATB frame I picked up for cheap.

Not the most prestigious of framesets, but hand-built in UK, lugged 531ATB will do for me.

Started out as a beater shopper/dadwagon build but I got a bit carried away during lockdown... Got a Kona P2 fork fork still to fit after I have the steerer extended.

Attachments

• be01-3k.jpg
    be01-3k.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,441
  • be02-3k.jpg
    be02-3k.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,445
  • be03-3k.jpg
    be03-3k.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,440
  • be04-3k.jpg
    be04-3k.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,437
  • be05-3k.jpg
    be05-3k.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,442
Re:

That is excellent work! Looks great and you've got some quality parts on there. :cool:

Great first post, too.

Re:

Blimey, wasn't expecting that! The pictures took a little while to upload on my desktop, so it was a bit of a surprise.

Cracking build and shows what can be done with a quality old frame, modern parts and some inspiration. Happy dadding around with it :D

EDIT - the fork looks great as is, by the way - wouldn't bother with the P2 myself..

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":jym5u8u6 said:
Blimey, wasn't expecting that! The pictures took a little while to upload on my desktop, so it was a bit of a surprise.

Cracking build and shows what can be done with a quality old frame, modern parts and some inspiration. Happy dadding around with it :D

EDIT - the fork looks great as is, by the way - wouldn't bother with the P2 myself..

Everything Mynchiboy said + I do have to agree you 'DID' get carried away ( How much :facepalm: ) :shock: :LOL:

Re: Re:

Thanks for the comments!

It did spiral a bit in terms of aspiration and cost, but the only bits bought new were the bars, seatpost, brakes, tyres and chain, the frame I got for naff-all, and it was quite a therapeutic lockdown project... Cheaper than a shrink.

mynchiboy":8alquqcn said:
the fork looks great as is, by the way - wouldn't bother with the P2 myself..

The current forks aren’t original to the frame and are 420mm axle-to-crown. I got hold of a mint Kona P2 fork in 1” and the correct 400mm A-to-C and am having the steerer extended to be run threadless.

xxnick1975":7xyux9t2 said:
Love it. What’s the drive train set up - 11 speed? Rear cassette sprockets look huge!

10-speed 11-42 Sunrace cassette, 10-speed Shimano XT shifter, 11-speed clutched XT mech as it deals with the 42T cog better than the older 10-speed and the cable pull is the same.

Single narrow-wide chainring up front.

Re:

Just got the Kona P2 fork back from framebuilder with TIG-welded steerer extension...

Attachments

• cadebf3d67769b75437e094d0a26c6b7415bc4e9.jpg
    cadebf3d67769b75437e094d0a26c6b7415bc4e9.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,200
Looks great, love the bars. I think the p2 will look nice on there, but I also love p2 forks so I may be biased. Never tried having a steerer extended, any negatives to doing that? Especially if you're 300 pounds like I am?

Back