1995 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

Changed a few parts today, unable to get into the loft until my back is better so will have to wait a bit longer to fit bars. Also need to swap some chainrings around, fitted some Turbines in place of the Kooka's and the RF chainrings are currently on the cloverleaf cranks on the Ti Bolt. Think i pretty much have everything else, so this one should be ready in time for the next Mayhem too :) P1012225.JPG P1012223.JPG P1012220.JPG

Last edited:
Bit of a head scratch fitting the inner ring as the holes in the ring were slightly out, took me a while to realise it was the ring and not me. :LOL: strange how it fitted after flipping the chainring over though :?

Not as nice as the cranks it replaced but as its getting raced it needs to be reliable and i shouldn't have to worry about it once fitted. P1012250.JPG

Last edited:
IMho the nec plus ultra of 26in mountain bikes. I could say it´s iconic... but it´s about the ride and a Yo is the best 26in bike in tight steep trails. A 1995 Yo is a more refined, lighter better Yo. And it´s my size.

Frustrating being injured and unable to get to my bars, did think about taking a pair off one of my bikes within reach but will wait it out for now :|

So, all i fitted today really is the brakes and cranks, and a saddle just for aesthetics, stood it up on some wheels and dragged it outside for a quick pic, poor thing hasn't seen the outside for way too long :( P1012267.JPG P1012263.JPG P1012257.JPG

Last edited:
A 130 salsa stem would look and fit better. The bontrager combo looked better than the CTech. it also looks too long.

Prodigal Son":38gbfu8i said:
A 130 salsa stem would look and fit better. The bontrager combo looked better than the CTech. it also looks too long.

I am actually looking for a 1" Salsa quill, not for this though. I like Control Tech stems and i think this suits the purpose of this build and now gives me a choice of bars :)

The Bontrager stem is 150mm, this is 130mm so shorter, and it doesn't have the rise the Bontrager does, so will in my eyes look nicer, not that im building it as a show bike, purely to race :)

mk one":11wf1sv4 said:
Prodigal Son":11wf1sv4 said:

I am actually looking for a 1" Salsa quill, not for this though. I like Control Tech stems and i think this suits the purpose of this build and now gives me a choice of bars :)

The Bontrager stem is 150mm, this is 130mm so shorter, and it doesn't have the rise the Bontrager does, so will in my eyes look nicer, not that im building it as a show bike, purely to race :)

I have one of those CT same rise length quill as yours. I don´t use it because.. it´s too light! I am worried it will break on me.

Evening Mk1... just read this through... very nice frame

What’s the plan regarding brakes? Sticking with the Maggies?

Peachy!":2cf658v6 said:

:) thank you, it deserves to be ridden though. I am a bit more motivated by the fact you have built a handful of bikes and all with a lot of effort thrown in, in less time than it has took me to bolt a few parts to this :oops:

I'm all over the place regarding brakes, currently have 987's fitted but may change :facepalm:

mk one":2l8y3kmr said:
Peachy!":2l8y3kmr said:

:) thank you, it deserves to be ridden though. I am a bit more motivated by the fact you have built a handful of bikes and all with a lot of effort thrown in, in less time than it has took me to bolt a few parts to this :oops:

I'm all over the place regarding brakes, currently have 987's fitted but may change :facepalm:

I would go v brakes, cheap avids and finish the bars the thumb shifters moving 8speeds if it´s a racer. It´s such a nice smooth combo that is a no brainer. I have those cranks on my ibis but the plan is change to a shimano xt 2x setup. Triples are nice when moving slow. On a go fast bike a 2x is better.

Back