Kona Caldera 1997

Re:

I got lucky and managed to take capture a new catalogue shot this morning :mrgreen:

hnyO9q.jpg

Re: Re:

talpfa":2233k8dx said:
al-onestare":2233k8dx said:
I got lucky and managed to take capture a new catalogue shot this morning :mrgreen:

hnyO9q.jpg
Nice.
I look forward to the other pictures. :D

Szia! When the right conditions prevail and I'm on the right bike, I'll definitely take a few ;)

Re:

What a wild read! As a new Retrobiker, who has recently started to gain a true appreciation of Konas (from a distance unfortunately), this bike and the story behind both its production and your acquisition of it is inspiring.

The time and effort of doing the research and then perfecting the build (and write-up) compels me to put even more time and effort into finishing my own Retroride... In fact, the beautiful midnight blue of the Calderas has made me reconsider the raw metal finish of my 1992 KHS Montana Pro, maybe I will get it professionally painted to a similar shade!

But seriously, kudos. This was a wicked read and so compelling.

Re: Re:

ILoveEnriqueAli":39w4q84m said:
What a wild read! As a new Retrobiker, who has recently started to gain a true appreciation of Konas (from a distance unfortunately), this bike and the story behind both its production and your acquisition of it is inspiring.

The time and effort of doing the research and then perfecting the build (and write-up) compels me to put even more time and effort into finishing my own Retroride... In fact, the beautiful midnight blue of the Calderas has made me reconsider the raw metal finish of my 1992 KHS Montana Pro, maybe I will get it professionally painted to a similar shade!

But seriously, kudos. This was a wicked read and so compelling.

:oops: Cheers dude - stoked you like it.

Re: Custom Caldera

List reminder:

mydryskull now owned by KonaGuy: HO 9607032 , different blue, 19" - see below
Bigtown: CA 9609012, Poopsy Blue, 16"
al-onestare: CA 9609046 , Poopsy Blue, 20"
knickering: CA 9609144, Molotov Red, 18"
H1v9a8c8 now owned by Konaman1: HO 9610031 (TBC), Poopsy Blue, 18"

gxZ0JS.jpg

Re:

Lovely, saw this on FB yesterday.
H1'S Caldera has been in my possession for the last four years so may need updating!

Edit - typo on the new owner, it's the same one :LOL: :facepalm:

konaman1":3da717pb said:
H1'S Caldera has been in my possession for the last four years so may need updating!

Get on it please! ;)

Re:

That's a corker Alasdair - great colour.

It's a shame that VanIsle didn't come back with a picture of their 19" frame after teasing us with a partial number back on the 17th March 2018:

"CA 960901~" sits close to Bigttown's CA 9609012 Poopsy Blue 16”.

I see that they are still active on the site :idea: .

Pip

Re:

Had some time this weekend to swap over the Z2s since the seals are blown (arf arf) on both legs now. Sure the colour doesn't work here but it's super-fun to ride her more firmly without bottoming out.

2g47K1.jpg

zUvjJl.jpg

Back