Can anyone identify this stem for me

Laserblueexige

Dirt Disciple
This stem is one of the few things on my Orange P7 (Aug'94), which I am in the process of restoring, that I don't know anything about. Not long after I bought her from new, I replaced the original fixed forks with a set of Girvin Vector Forks. As part of that upgrade a new Stem was fitted and for the life of me I can remember very little about it. Can anyone identify it for me. I doubt it was anything terribly special at the time as the Girvin Vector forks were already probably more than I could really afford....I would just be interested to know....apart from the P decal on the front there are no other markings on the outside, there is one a small decal on the inside where the handlebars go with a red dot with a blue curve partially surrounding it....any ideas?

Attachments

• 20200713_161420.jpg
    20200713_161420.jpg
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 364
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Without looking at the link, it is probably a generic stem made for many manufacturers, the one in your pic though is off a Proflex :)

Re: Re:

Laserblueexige":251e9vec said:
I thought the P might stand for Proflex and then I saw this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/274404548876?c ... TAQAvD_BwE

Absolutely the same stem, even down to the warning decal on the steerer clamp....but it has an Orange decal on the front?
apart from the clamp bolts for the steerer are in a different place

Generic made stem, made to some design, with a badge on it.

as for proflex... viewtopic.php?t=92586

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks guys...its funny how your responses have jogged my memory from 25 years ago. I wanted the Orange one but was told they were out of stock. The shop had the Proflex ones though which I was told were exactly the same and I opted to have that fitted so I could ride out that evening and test my new Forks...a Orange decal from Gil and we will be all square again...

Back