1992 San Andreas Mountain Cycle

Re:

OK so my wrist RSI has reared it's ugly head so off the bike for a week and light garage duties only, so inspired by Susie on "The Repair Shop" decided I would restore the saddle myself..so before it looked like this (after a damn good clean)

49063864368_8ffea0bf57_c.jpg

The stars looked a little grey and the white was wearing away at the edges of the saddle. So bought some white leather touch up paint and these are the results thus far

50094386276_b1cf28616b_c.jpg

May need a few more coats before I'm happy (it goes on really thin) and some sort of leather protector.

Nice work as usual....
BTW, if you decide to not use that saddle, I’d find a good home for it on our Jimmy’s Concorde Astore....

Peachy!":2ww8iyjc said:
BTW, if you decide to not use that saddle, I’d find a good home for it on our Jimmy’s Concorde Astore....
You'd be second in the queue as I have already had approaches....it's kind of gaudy but I like it :D

Ah god, there's a company I've used that sells lots of leather restoring stuff. Binding agents, paints in all colours, cleaners and nourishing creams etc.
They're up Newcastle way, I'm sure. Can't get the name in my head. Their stuff would be ideal for saddle work on this 'ere site.

Just been having some fun with a leather repair kit from the Leather Repair Company in Hull

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=415721

They do lots of colours.... :D

Amazing work - to pay for this all I dont suppose the TLD feathers are for sale - they appear a few pages back perched on the workbench.... I've a bit of a thing for old TLD kit

boxxer":3m1encgs said:
Amazing work - to pay for this all I dont suppose the TLD feathers are for sale - they appear a few pages back perched on the workbench.... I've a bit of a thing for old TLD kit

Sorry Boxxer, these are definately staying with me, don't know if I'll ever open them, but make me smile everytime I look at them :cool:

Re:

Suitable USA Brake cables and outers sourced from Germany :D

50286372088_9528c12907_c.jpg

Just got to find equivalent gear cables now. Later Sram Gore Ride On cables are relatively easy to come by but not so the earlier one's to match the Brake Cables. Any leads would be gratefully received

Back