Kona Lava Dome rebuild. 1997?

goneriding

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I've not been on this site for a while, since my Zaskar was stolen in 2012...it was painful as I'd been over the Pyrenees and along the Canal du Midi on it. Just recently rebuilt a Rockhopper for touring on and now I've got a Kona Lava Dome to rebuild for my son. I got it off Ebay yesterday, As for the bits on it I like the wheels and that's about it, I'm hoping to use XT on it. The seatpost is marked as 26.2 and is loose in the seat tube so I'm guessing its more like a 26. something bigger or a 27.0, if anyone can tell me the year of the bike and the required seatpost size that would be nice...

Attachments

• Rockhopper tourer 2.JPG
    Rockhopper tourer 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 504
  • DSCF5661.JPG
    DSCF5661.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 504
goneriding":xbho3fjf said:
I've not been on this site for a while, since my Zaskar was stolen in 2012...it was painful as I'd been over the Pyrenees and along the Canal du Midi on it. Just recently rebuilt a Rockhopper for touring on and now I've got a Kona Lava Dome to rebuild for my son. I got it off Ebay yesterday, As for the bits on it I like the wheels and that's about it, I'm hoping to use XT on it. The seatpost is marked as 26.2 and is loose in the seat tube so I'm guessing its more like a 26. something bigger or a 27.0, if anyone can tell me the year of the bike and the required seatpost size that would be nice...

Hello,

Yes, this is 1997 Kona Lava Dome and Seatpost 27.0...
:)

Sorry to hear about the Zaskar.

Its a '97 but not sure on seatpost size, would imagine 27.0 but im sure someone will be able to tell you for sure.

Edit: like above :LOL:

Back