1987 Cameron Rebuild & Wiki - A Wee Face Lift

Re:

Ok ... image success. I'll have to do something about the photobucket fiasco ... not $400 something or whatever ransom they are charging. You can still click on the pics and see them through photobucket I think. Frustrating :evil:

Anyway ... the bike. I love it.

Frame: c1987 Cameron

Fork: Ibis Type 2

Headset: XT730
Stem: Ibis "LD"
Handlebar: Specialized Dirt Drop
Grips: Leather

Brakes: XT730
Brake Pads: Scott Mathauser
Brake Cables: Shimano SLR
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Dura Ace

Shifters: XT730 with WTB Pods
Front Derailleur: XT730
Rear Derailleur: XT730
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: 600ex
Chain: HG70
Cranks: Cooks
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Sugino
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: XT730

Hub Skewers: Gonzo Ti
Rims: Ritchey
Hubs: Bullseye
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Tioga Farmer John and Farmer John's Cousin
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Perforated Selle Turbo
Seatpost: IRD
Seatpost Binder: Gonzo Ti

Good thread and a nice bike, never heard of them before today, shame about the pics but still a good read.

Mark

Thanks guys ... Harv Cameron was mainly a Toronto thing. I love this bike and it really is just perfect for me as a dirt drop.

I rode almost everyone’s Cameron at the shop. I remember when he brought in the first frame with the raised chainstays and it was so wicked!
Everyone was running his one piece bar/stem they where so nice.
I also remember the first Proflex in the shop and there crazy forks, AMP Reserch bike now that was sweet!
So many bikes out of CycleLogic, Bontrager bikes, Santana, Fat Chance, Ritchey, And many more that no one had heard of.
I even supplied the wood for the sign up above the front door with the sun and stuff. Used tires got stored on the light post outside usually after a little hacks sack.
I brought over tires from the Volvo dealership across the street and cut them up with a jigsaw to make the crazy tire tread floor.
Built some bikes there out back and in the basement, which had an Upper Canada keg fridge!
Was some great times.

Yours truly

E. Eagle

Cyclelogic was a cool shop, I remember my brother and I both buying Pro-flexs from there. I remember a few Cameron suspension bikes being raced in the 90's on the Ontario MTB circuit. Thanks for the thread, it brings back the good old days :)

Back