Norco TNT Tange Ultimate Ultralite c 1994

Coquitlam Geoff

Retro Guru
This project took a few weeks but in the end it all came together. I bought the frame 18 inches ($70 cdn), built with the worst possible combo of crap junk incorrect components. Stripped it down and built it with some parts bin components, the front fork a Tange Prestige Spinner was the part that really made this build sing
XT derailleurs, shimano silent clutch hubs on Mavic hoops, WTB tubeless tires, WTB saddle, Suguino GT cranks, Hyperlite bar, shifters are ok and will get swapped out, XT canti's. weighs in around 20 lbs so will make a good commuter.
Norco gets overlooked out here in Vancouver as the wealth of vintage Rocky's, Brodies, Dekerf and Konas etc has us vintage bike junkies spoiled.

Attachments

• Norco TNT.jpg
    Norco TNT.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_3681.jpg
    IMG_3681.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 643
Well done. I remember lusting after this one while reading it´s Mountain Biking review. Got to love canadian hardtails.

Nice. I had a Rampage of about the same vintage, but it was too small for me so I stripped it and sold it on. The ride was sublime.

Re:

Very nice!

I had the same model TNT in 1996, rigid fork with an Alloy Softride stem. A terrific frame for sure.

I still have a 1996 Torrent, an underrated gem.

Back