My 1993 Raleigh Peak, building up.

Been ages since an update, not been online much.

Getting there, nearly a bike.
Chain rings are on their way and a few other bits.

Had some more bargains, whole bike has been bargains :)

I'm working on 2 Raleigh Summit's at the moment, and I still have the Apex. I used to have hair in those days too, but that cannot be restored.
Is that the original titanium bar? If so, is it absurdly narrow?
I've decided to go for a pair of Mavic 261CD's on DX hubs which should be strong enough.

I loved these bikes, so looking forward to completing them.

Hello Jags. Summits were great bikes as is the Apex.
Did you see the listing for the Peak Apex and Summit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-MTB- ... 1438.l2649

Good luck completing the bikes and the bar looks original, I just thought that's what they were like.

Do you have a thread on your Summits?

I'm doing all the cables at the moment but not sure how the cable and outer cable fit into the bracket on the headset, any chance you have a picture please.
Would help a lot.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm still acquiring bits and pieces for the Summits, one is almost complete, the other is a frame, so when I get to the point of putting it all together I will post.

Is this what you meant?

Be good to see how you get on with them.
That's it thanks, will have a look at the bike tomorrow.

Re:

I went straight to Ebay looking for a pair of X-lites like yours for my Peak! No luck.

As for the Ebay minty trio of Summit, Apex and blue Peak - I wonder if he actually sold them all ?

Back