1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries FINISHED pg21

Re: Re:

Swede":3tq53ocs said:
I've only just seen this - sorry!

I have an LDMS set and most of a WI groupset for a build that I'm slowly incubating; viewtopic.php?f=7&t=327471.

As there aren't many of us on RB who've used this system I'm very keen to see how you get on. I was planning on going M950 but I read somewhere that the rear mech can't use a cassette with more than 28T. Maybe Adriano would be able to advise as I think his system is up and running?

Hello Swede, I’ll be checking in on your thread.
I’ve currently got a 32 tooth 8 speed M900 as the only restriction I’d read was the 8 speed max.. I’ve seen the odd 28t M900, so if I find that is the case I guess that’s always an option.
My concern at the moment is the cable run... what’s your plan for the loops? To go back on themselves or back up the down tube via strap/bolt on guides?

Re: 1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries BUILD starts pg6

Current plan is to interpret the instructions in my own particular way... :|

So option A goes over the top, option B under the bottom..
IMG_6118.JPG IMG_6119.JPG

I’m thinking both front & rear loops utilise the brazed stops on the top tube, seat tube and seat stay as normal, but then return old school style via a BB mounted plastic guide and a clamp on pair of stops at the top of the down tube..

IMG_6120.jpg
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

To explain my reasoning….
The kit comes with 6 double cable stops that fit into a normal single braze-on, but I can’t see how I can do it unless I have a seventh…

Unless I use the double under BB guide, which of course is supposed to be used with down tube & chain stay stops…

I wonder if anyone might want to do a swap? ;) IMG_6121.jpg IMG_6122.jpg s-l500 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Re:

I typed a response to this last night but obviously didn't hit "Submit". Bloody kids have gone feral since the Lockdown and won't go to bed, so I probably got distracted! :facepalm:

Anyway... having looked over your drawing I can see your issue. Will the Spooler work if the cable is routed down and around the wheel and then up the down tube? In all the configurations I've seen the loop is quite tight i.e. it goes back along the same path it took to get there (I think that makes sense!)? I guess if it does then your idea will work but I think you'll need a solution for the chainstay.

The History Man:deux44qg said:
What’s the theory/benefit? Or is it just different?

Sort of yes, no... maybe... not really

This frame, like Adi75’s has seven gear cable outer stops, 4 on the top, 1 on the seat tube for the FD & 2 on the drive side seat stay...pretty standard stuff. But that’s 7 mounting points and the LMDS kit I have only came with 6 of the double adapters.

So, options are;
1. Find or have made another adapter
2. Add a clamp on Shimano seat stay cable stop beside the brazed on one (I’ve seen “dura ace” ones on eBay)
3. Use a single chain stay clamp on stop with the BB guide and a double down tube clamp using none of the WI double adapters.

Attachments

• 6B183CA5-8F79-4455-96A2-2B9CA6F4284B.jpeg
    6B183CA5-8F79-4455-96A2-2B9CA6F4284B.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Swede":n946as3h said:
I typed a response to this last night but obviously didn't hit "Submit". Bloody kids have gone feral since the Lockdown and won't go to bed, so I probably got distracted! :facepalm:

Anyway... having looked over your drawing I can see your issue. Will the Spooler work if the cable is routed down and around the wheel and then up the down tube? In all the configurations I've seen the loop is quite tight i.e. it goes back along the same path it took to get there (I think that makes sense!)? I guess if it does then your idea will work but I think you'll need a solutions for the chainstay.

Morning Swede...
I think I need to check if the FD cable drum will work this way as you quite rightly pointed out, the cable needs to wrap at least 180 around the drum to work.. I’m not sure if wrapping it all they way around is possible.

Although I fancy the tidy (IMO) none use of the WI adapters, it might just be easier to add the seat stay clamp stop and use option A

But why is it better than one? Seems over complicated and unnecessary to me.

Nurse Ratchet is on his tea break.

The History Man":tanrydmk said:
But why is it better than one? Seems over complicated and unnecessary to me.

Nurse Ratchet is on his tea break.

I’m confused by your question Dave, who said anything about one being better than the other?

If you mean why is the LMDS system better than what everyone else went on to adopt, the answer is... it isn’t :roll:

But that’s not the point of this build... this is silly shiny for the sake of silly shiny... :p

Latest posts

Back