Sator Hyster XT (Done)

as an Austrian I have to love Sator bikes. The workshop of them had been in Vienna BITD and I often visit them in the 2nd district of Vienna. Dont know if Mr. Sator himself was responsible for the design of the frames, but I guess the production site had been in Asia as he has some personal conection with Taiwan.

Later in the 2000nds I met Mr. Sator himself quite often when he was a player in the electric vehicle market, doing business with the company I worked for.

From time to time a frame appeared in the small ads and I was toying with the idea of having one of those.

magas":erznu42h said:
as an Austrian I have to love Sator bikes. The workshop of them had been in Vienna BITD and I often visit them in the 2nd district of Vienna. Dont know if Mr. Sator himself was responsible for the design of the frames, but I guess the production site had been in Asia as he has some personal conection with Taiwan.

Later in the 2000nds I met Mr. Sator himself quite often when he was a player in the electric vehicle market, doing business with the company I worked for.

From time to time a frame appeared in the small ads and I was toying with the idea of having one of those.

I'm not sure who designed the frame, although it was built in Taiwan.
Built from Tange Infinity tubing.

al.

Re:

al.

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_161006.jpg
    IMG_20200603_161006.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 624
you got an excellent example of a Hyster :cool:

was it the top of the Sator range BITD - cant remember ?

Maybe I check my old MTB magazines from that age and check what I can find.

magas":jpyf4s3f said:
you got an excellent example of a Hyster :cool:

was it the top of the Sator range BITD - cant remember ?

Maybe I check my old MTB magazines from that age and check what I can find.

I don't know if it was the range topper.
These bikes were never imported to the UK, so the only other ones I've seen are mine, the red one, and the black/yellow bike.

I've seen an article in a German mag before.
If you do find any other info, that would be great, although as you can see, I don't build my bikes to be catalogue or period correct.

al.

legrandefromage":nv9z1fyi said:
Careful now; if you say Sator Hyster three times, Al appears in a puff of GT85 and strange tubing diameters

I've always thought that GT85 should make a cologne.

al

Re:

Headset stops play, well for at least a week.

NOS Ritchey wcs headset found in Switzerland and on its way via Germany... Thank you The Kid Malone for your help.

al. :)

Back