1995 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 FS Comp

malt

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I would say that this build has been a labour of love...long story short: In 1995 I bought myself an M2 FS Comp the same as this, 24 years later I was able to buy it back.

Unfortunately the frame had a crack in it and I had to find another one, I got lucky and found one for a good price and with better paint work. The only original parts left that I would have raced on back in 95 are the brake levers, seat collar and front mech :LOL:

Anyway, thanks to a few people on here, she is nearly finished back to catalogue spec (or as close as poss) and ready to head out for a spin...when it stops raining!!

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,144
  • IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,140
  • IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,143
  • IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,147
Thanks for the comments guys.

I still remember clear as day when my original one arrived in 1995 (I was a mechanic in a bike shop), opening the box and starting to assemble it. Only difference is I was 25 years younger :shock:

Anyway, took her for a spin today, super smooth and felt quite modern in regards to handling.

A new pic (social distancing of course) of the Stumpjumper out in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 806
Hopefully mine will look this good when I'm done with it. Did you do something with the paint on yours? It looks darker .

addicted":1umx1deh said:
Hopefully mine will look this good when I'm done with it. Did you do something with the paint on yours? It looks darker .

It’s the lighting, it looks much lighter in the flesh.

Back