boy"O"boy's 1991 Orange Aluminium "O"

Another awesome build :cool:

I think even if it wasnt my size i would still really like it, the fact that it is, and just looks soo good, well, i really want one now :facepalm: :D

Mark

Cheshire1980":ol0bei71 said:
Looks a great clean build, all refreshed again for another decade! Anyway, love it!

Cheers Calum. 10 years.... I've had this one longer than I had the original that got nicked at Uni! This decade will be gentler on the old girl!

pete_mcc":ol0bei71 said:
I was double tapping on the photos but no ‘like’ heart was appearing...

That is so nice and clean, one of my teenage favourites

Thanks Pete. Teenage Kicks :cool:

Minifreak":ol0bei71 said:
Truly beautiful rebuild, well done buddy :)

Cheers Tim. Much appreciated. Thanks again for the help again in getting that Flexstem for me too. :cool:

brocklanders023":ol0bei71 said:
Really good work. :cool:

Thanks Ed. The revisit has been fun too - onto the next one! ( But which one?)

MatBH5":ol0bei71 said:
Lovely stuff!

Cheers Mat. Thanks again for the 'lovely stuff' for my Dynatech build

mkone":ol0bei71 said:
Another awesome build :cool:

I think even if it wasnt my size i would still really like it, the fact that it is, and just looks soo good, well, i really want one now :facepalm: :D

Mark

Thanks Mark. Rides really well too and has Survived a decade of riding. Was looking sad in it's used state though considering all the effort that went into it 1st time around.
You've gotta get yourself one! ;)

clockwork davo":ol0bei71 said:
Love it ;)

Makes me really want an “O” :facepalm:
(chants) ....Do it! .....Do it ! .....Do it!
It'll be a great addition to those clockworks and Prestige!

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

I really enjoyed reading the background to this. Such a shame your original one got pinched, but you've done an amazing job on this. Hats off.

clockwork davo":2ue6ytfg said:
I just need to find one :D :D

Now you have got a good'un!! :cool:

Hotwheels.":2ue6ytfg said:
Lovely looking thang.

Thanks Hotwheels - one of my Favourite riders too.

Neilios":2ue6ytfg said:
I really enjoyed reading the background to this. Such a shame your original one got pinched, but you've done an amazing job on this. Hats off.

Thanks Neilios. I'm always scanning eBay/here etc in the faint hope that one day my Stolen original will turn up for sale (probably well oxidised silver now) with home painted Orange fork and a black Custom Stalk. I can but live in hope. :|

So, lock down and all that.... Been thinking on ideas..... Been thinking what I'd have liked to have done to the "O" back in the day had funds permitted.

I recently put my mates Kona Muni Mula back together for him.... It was originally mine and the insurance payout for the stolen "O" at the time.
When it was nicked.... The Syncros/Flite and wheelset were left still locked up....in my haste I'd locked these and not the bike!
Anyway, in the rebuild package were the Kona frame/fork/5 wheels and a box of parts. One of these wheels was the old hope on Campagnolo that was left locked up when the rest was nicked!
A great transaction with Regan_ev (plus an eBay purchase of a rim) I finally got to build the matching one to the original '94 one.... 26 years later!

Curiosity about what they'd look like on the "O" now got the better of me, and I've been messing around with ideas.

Now, this is probably one of my Signature builds. I really like the 'Formulaesque' direction it took..... So I don't want to take it apart unnecessarily.
What I need is another 17" (preferably a gen 1 or 2) to build another on. I have enough duplicates to build a 2nd..... Almost like having a group B rally car but building a replica to use so you don't mess with the original! :facepalm:

I think a 'wanted' ad is in order..... But here's a few pics of some of my scribblings!

I've got pace as well as the Manitous but I think these suit the chunkiness of the build.

Any thoughts?

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 358
Re:

Looks good but how about a silver stem and seat post?

Definitely think it’s worth getting another Alu O 17 inch. Such a shame my 17 inch one has a crack. Got half a dozen 19 inch frames. Best to leave your current one, and just literally play, experiment once you have another frame, Will keep a look for a 17 inch o!

Latest posts

Back