1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries FINISHED pg21

Re: 1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries BUILD starts pg6

Sorry was just editing my post when you posted

Always preferred a flatter stem which is why I’ve recently changed out the ATAC on my Trek to a 0 rise job, but perhaps I’m forgetting I’m not 21 anymore

Retro Spud":bxmsnm65 said:
Sorry was just editing my post when you posted

Always preferred a flatter stem which is why I’ve recently changed out the ATAC on my Trek to a 0 rise job, but perhaps I’m forgetting I’m not 21 anymore

I’d prefer something shorter I think, perhaps with some milling/cnc work.

Have been looking forward to seeing this up on its wheels.

I have to say, the bike is already looking special, what with the amount of attention its recieved, should be a bike to remember once finished.

As for stems, i like the look of the lower angle, though not sure on colour of bars against the stem, different colour bars, or stem maybe? and i think a stem with noodle would look great on this.

mk one":zhy02g9f said:
Have been looking forward to seeing this up on its wheels.

I have to say, the bike is already looking special, what with the amount of attention its recieved, should be a bike to remember once finished.

As for stems, i like the look of the lower angle, though not sure on colour of bars against the stem, different colour bars, or stem maybe? and i think a stem with noodle would look great on this.

Cheers... but you’ve shown up another gap in my knowledge.. :oops:
stem with a noodle
:?:

Cable guide ...

Attachments

• with noodle.jpg
    with noodle.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 262

Ah yes, of course and maybe if I was planning on cantis, but with the cnc’d V-brakes I’m not sure.

Re:

Hmmm...

If you went with the Altek brakes I reckon a x-lite L168 stem would be the nuts on this. Silver or black I guess :)

Attachments

• 8A0565DE-F8F3-43F5-951F-8B7F7E7E2830.jpeg
    8A0565DE-F8F3-43F5-951F-8B7F7E7E2830.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 255

Now that’s interesting, I was thinking maybe an Azonic shorty.... but that’s nice..

Peachy!":2dl2m5ba said:
Ah yes, of course and maybe if I was planning on cantis, but with the cnc’d V-brakes I’m not sure.

:facepalm: yep, page 10, scrap the noodle stem.

It’s also got a set of suspension forks so a Stem with a noodle is well off the menu

Will be interesting to see what the shorty looks like when fitted - it’ll certainly change the look and feel of the bike, lower bars and shorter reach.

Back