Fuji folding mtb - smokers special

simonrh

Dirt Disciple
Noob post but i figured i would put this up given that a load of the parts had come from this site.

I know this is hardly the pimp hardware that a lot of people have but i have a wholesome stash of that kind of thing anyway.

I have and love a couple of Modern Fuji road bikes and some idle browsing had led me to find that Fuji made a batch of folding mountain bikes for Marlboro to use as promos to their heaviest smokers. I found one for sale on facebook for a few quid and bought it.

It was shit and had been an unloved commuter and was dead.

It got stripped and rebuilt with replacement everything in DX and XT except for cassette and chain. Wanted to stick with cantis and thumbshifters.

Anyways. It’s built. I need some new springs and caps for the rear cantis at some point but it rides nicely.
I think it looks cool and it means something to me that i doubt anyone else would understand !
C097F55C_210D_4B22_9129_3A3522387D22_IMG_2594.JPG

F9E66562_741F_4AF1_A6B3_7B278341F297_IMG_2592.JPG

AB977C65_9C27_453B_B17D_F5300645060A_IMG_2591.JPG

CF0BE7F8_20A0_4084_B219_5E3171516FB3_IMG_2590.JPG

Superb. Head turner. Weird and it rides.

Pile that up next to all the carbon Halfords specials and see which one get the comments and stands out.

What is there not to like? Love the tyre choice.

Re: Re:

SlowWave":3lzpovmo said:
Very nice, looks like it has scrubbed up well.

Any chance of seeing in the folded position?

This is from when i bought it, originally had a folding stem which is missing but i am looking to reinterpret using a seatpost QR

71775368_10217470438890370_7615148960528728064_o.jpg

State when i got:
before%201.jpg

Re:

Not sure if it's on your end or mine. The original post images are visible but I'm not getting the folded ones sadly.

Although the google drive link works. Really impressed with that folding away. Would be very smart for use around pit lanes at a historic event!

Re:

I haven't used photobucket in years and it has locked out as "i have too many pictures".

The ones from onedrive didn't seem to want to link correctly although they seem to be working when i look at the thread now at this end.

Will try again later

Re:

I smoked back when this bike was a prize. It really did take an insane amount of Marlboro “bucks” to get one. Almost an Olympic achievement. Was the original owner still alive?

Re:

I can confidently say the guy i bought it from did not smoke to win it. He wasn't old enough to have been going for emphysema in the early 90s. It does seem ironic that the last thing any who qualified to get one of these could actually do was ride it anywhere

Back