Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 12:29 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Huffy Granite Pass
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:07 pm
Posts: 2243
:D More pics.That chainset and wishbone rear,sheer craftsmanship :D ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Huffy Granite Pass
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:14 am 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Posts: 9067
Location: Way out west
66 triumph daytona wrote:
:D More pics.That chainset and wishbone rear,sheer craftsmanship :D ...


Nice to see someone on here with an eye for quality.

al.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Huffy Granite Pass
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:08 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 31670
Location: Crayon-Munching-Fart-Muppet
al wrote:
66 triumph daytona wrote:
:D More pics.That chainset and wishbone rear,sheer craftsmanship :D ...


Nice to see someone on here with an eye for quality.

al.



shoulda gone to Specsavers...

:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Huffy Granite Pass
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:00 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Posts: 9067
Location: Way out west
legrandefromage wrote:
al wrote:
66 triumph daytona wrote:
:D More pics.That chainset and wishbone rear,sheer craftsmanship :D ...


Nice to see someone on here with an eye for quality.

al.



shoulda gone to Specsavers...

:mrgreen:


I am due an eye test.

al.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:25 pm
Posts: 237
Are you still alive? This thread was on page two...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:04 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:09 am
Posts: 34
Location: B.C Canada
Do you think those are the original brakes? My first mtb was just like this, but black and neon green. Same brake levers and thumbshifters, which i spun under the bars to try and emulate rapid fires. Mine had stamped steel horseshoe brakes. It was from the states as well, brought up to canada, and was reliable for a long time. Good job on saving it, thats a great example of an box store bike from the era!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Huffy Granite Pass
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:57 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 31670
Location: Crayon-Munching-Fart-Muppet
They are the original brakes. I remember working on them many moons ago


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:17 am 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Posts: 9067
Location: Way out west
BCTrailcruiser wrote:
Do you think those are the original brakes? My first mtb was just like this, but black and neon green. Same brake levers and thumbshifters, which i spun under the bars to try and emulate rapid fires. Mine had stamped steel horseshoe brakes. It was from the states as well, brought up to canada, and was reliable for a long time. Good job on saving it, thats a great example of an box store bike from the era!

TV

Yes it's all original except the saddle.
Yes I rescued the bike for the very reason so many have gone, and it's great to see a survivor like this.

LGF, you are a lucky man having worked on such a beauty.

al.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0xfe, Bawgixer, jonthefish, katienorth, prezza, raidan73, Spudly and 75 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group