SBike 506

Without seeing them up close and next to each other its impossible to tell - so its entirely up to you, obvs

I reckon however, as the saddle is essentially remote from the frame (i.e stuck out there on the end of the seatpost), the risk of clashing is far less than say, almost perfectly colour-matched frame and forks
Also, dont forget that the risk is the same between the components and the orange leather

I think with some boss stitching, this could look amazing!

Re:

Thanks for that...the leatherette is considerably brighter than the frame..but perhaps that's a good thing...just need to find someone local capable of sewing it for me (I fell out big time with our local auto-upholsterer regarding the splitscreen so burnt my bridges with him!!)

Re: Re:

yakboy":3cc003bl said:
(I fell out big time with our local auto-upholsterer regarding the splitscreen so burnt my bridges with him!!)

It has to be right, and there's little else more worth getting right :cool:

G

Re:

Don't you just love Mums.....
The girls were dispatched to my parents for a few days and I sent the saddle and the vinyl along with them to see if my Mum (who is a bit of a demon on a sewing machine) could do anything....material (and girls) back tonight, so out with the spray glue and....

49558055601_3fa9159c8c_c.jpg

It's not perfect and I think the vinyl is a little thin and I may be better off with leather but we'll see how it holds up.

Looks the business though......

Re:

Right I think another one is done in time for Mayhem....

49591777488_cb98bf9a84_c.jpg

49592276826_d79cd5775b_c.jpg

49592521812_b11bd07acd_c.jpg

Not happy with my efforts at covering the saddle and the vinyl won't last so will get recovered in leather by professionals when I get suitable coloured leather.

The spec is as follows
Frame and forks: 1991 SBike 506
Bars & seatpost: SBike
Grips: ODI Orange Mushrooms
Stem: Girvin Gen 6 Flexstem
Saddle: Flite Ti
Wheels: Rolf Dolomite
Tyres: NOS Ritchey Megabite Zmax
Cranks: Caramba with Middleburn rings
Pedals: Crank brothers Eggbeater 2 (with Ti spindles)
Skewers and seat clamp: Ringle Holey Ti
Front and rear Mech XT 735
Rear Cassette: XT M737 11-30
Shifters: Sunrace 8 speed Thumbies
Brake Levers : Real
Canti's: Tektro 866 with Onza Chill Pills

Top draw.... but yes I agree the blue on the saddle clashes a bit....

Peachy!":28obb1y1 said:
Top draw.... but yes I agree the blue on the saddle clashes a bit....

It was more about the quality of my gluing...but a more subtle shade of blue may be the way to go but I quite like the stripe

:cool:

Missed the end of this thread. Have to agree about the shade of the saddle. I think a grey would work instead of the blue also. Maybe with grey grips too.

Shame mayhem isnt on this year, would be good to see this in the flesh, out in the sun.

Back