1993 Kona Cinder Cone

Yeah, i know what your saying guys, i bought the post hoping it was the same shade green :LOL: it does kind of catch the eye every time i see it. Having said that the cranks have green bolts now too :LOL: It did have black post but with the silver chainrings now im also thinking silver post might look good too.

All this though is getting away from why im building it in the first place, i just wanted to ride it and apart from the post all the parts were just lying around, anyway, we will see :)

Re:

I always wanted a 1993 Kona with these two colour paint schemes. Finally got a Cinder Cone and it hasn't got the second colour - just the champagne beige. All original right down to tyres, just a different paint scheme. Any others around?

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 629
Re: Re:

rrrroberts:3jwl6e9j said:
I always wanted a 1993 Kona with these two colour paint schemes. Finally got a Cinder Cone and it hasn't got the second colour - just the champagne beige. All original right down to tyres, just a different paint scheme. Any others around?

Did this get built? good to see some pics :)

Just got the bike back out and should have it cabled up this week, hopefully in time for this months BoTM.

Cheers. P1012153.JPG

Last edited:
Having a bit of a nightmare with the water tank which started leaking. Every part i replaced resulted in a leak somewhere else in the pipework. Think its under control for now so having a break from it.

I decided to take a quick pic of the bike before i hopefully cable it up in the next few days. I need to change the tyres, and the paper seatpost shim is getting replaced now ive remembered where the other one is. P1012162.JPG

Last edited:
26.6mm seat post is an inconvenient size isn't it! I can't find anything interesting in Australia. What cables are you going to use?

Re: Re:

BCTrailcruiser":1fhpmjkd said:
Wow that looks great

Thank you, managed to get it finished now so will post some pics up.

Milpool":1vbi8wcr said:
26.6mm seat post is an inconvenient size isn't it! I can't find anything interesting in Australia. What cables are you going to use?

Yes, yes it is. I do have a use shim though, also have an XT post but that is quite a bit faded and scratched.

I did have a set of grey XTR cables/outers but decided against the grey for now so just used standard cables and black outers.

Started this just over 2 years ago and have only just got the bike cabled up, still a couple of things i will change but for now it is finished :cool:

Hopefully have time for a proper ride on it next week and a chance for some better pictures too. Really looking forward to comparing it to my '93 Kilauea.

Here are the specs:

Frame: '93 Kona Cinder Cone
Fork: '93 Project Two

Headset: Kona
Stem: Kona Velocity
Handlebar: Answer Taperlite
Grips: Odi Attack

Brakes: Shimano XT
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano XT

Shifters: Shimano XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Cranks: Shimano LX
Crank Bolts: SRP
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Yes, and cages

Hub Skewers: X Lite
Rims: Black
Hubs: Ritchey
Tyres: Bontrager
Tubes: Yes

Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: USE

Weight: Long, over 2 years. P1012202.JPG P1012163.JPG P1012179.JPG P1012166.JPG P1012164.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back