1991 TRIMBLE - EARTHQUAKE JAKE WATSON

Re:

Can you post some pics of the cracks?There are some talented welders/fabbers on this site that can advise.Jake was the man,Im looking forward to how the build progresses.

Re:

"CNC27X" there's not many of these early suspension corrected frames about to get a comparison, or none that I've seen anyway.

Attachments

• Frame number.jpg
    Frame number.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 519
jwlinn":1lxctt89 said:
Retrobike family-

You all have been so good to myself and our family in helping with the two current rebuild projects for Jake: the 1996 Alpinestars and the 1993 Marin.

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a guy in Colorado who said he had just received Jake's 1991 Trimble race bike (shown below as complete bike). He said he saw the work I was doing with Jake's other bikes and offered to send me this bike, not asking for anything in return. Upon getting it, I was able to confirm it was in fact Jake's based on the stickers that had left a shadowing on the frames paint job. I compared the faded markings to the stickers in the photos we had from 1991. Exact matches.

I am still working on the other two bikes but have started my searching for parts to make this bike original again. On that note, I have decided that Jake's old Tioga Disc Drive (I remember it being used on a 95 bike but may be older than that) will be used as his rear wheel on this bike as I do not have a rear wheel and do not recall what he used back then.

Thanks everyone for all the support - thought I would share this piece with all of you.

Josh

if anyone knows where I can find the following - I have compiled a short list of parts I am searching for:
Cassette 1991 7 speed
R Der 1991 xt
Front Der 1991 XT
Cranks 1991 Ringle Grafton Speed Sticks
Brakes Rear 1991 Grafton Speed Controllers
Brake Levers 1991 Shimano 732 (I dont think he used Grafton here based on photos)
grips ODI (the ribbed looking ones)
Pedals grafton Speed Traps
Tires Onza Porcs or Tioga?
Bar Ends onza

Found this picture of him in action. Nothing like a thread up date :LOL:

Attachments

• 1991 Grundig .png
    1991 Grundig .png
    251.6 KB · Views: 389
Thanks for a good memories reminder. . . Jake as a junior finished 2nd that day in the Pro Class behind Wayne Croasdale. I really need to get going on that bike and get it restored. Been too long sitting and waiting.

jwlinn":36gd7m2x said:
Thanks for a good memories reminder. . . Jake as a junior finished 2nd that day in the Pro Class behind Wayne Croasdale. I really need to get going on that bike and get it restored. Been too long sitting and waiting.

can't have to many Trimble's :cool:

Re:

Good memories. . . Miss him every day. Cannot believe its almost been 21 years since I last saw him.

Back