Joe Murray-Marin. 1988

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":2zelt0yu said:
nice, I like this era of Marin

got me a nice Palisades I built up outta 3 different bikes

IMG-20181210-112921.jpg

Its so typical of the early 80s i think, basic and it worked.

I love putting it together from a pile of otherwise useless old scraps though. Somehow i find it more satisfying than hunting for elusive parts.

And the upshot in the end, two wrecks will get revisited, that might have ended up as landfill.

SpecializedSworks15":3nm2njkn said:
Good and interesting read matey.

Id love to have found out the full time line of his career though.

Also, the MBUK right up, amazed me a little, Sian Roberts was doing very well on the race circuit bitd, always gave favourites like Murrell and Rowntree a run for there money, and ive only just read, the first bike she was given was a "Stock" Pine Mountain, ........... :shock:

Attachments

• First Sponsored Female UK rider.png
    First Sponsored Female UK rider.png
    256.4 KB · Views: 260
Love the early Marins :cool: I fell out of love a bit once they went all silver. I’m
Liking the modern ones now though.

So it was you who bagged that Avalanche down our way :) I was tempted.

raidan73":3dzdrnkd said:
Love the early Marins :cool: I fell out of love a bit once they went all silver. I’m
Liking the modern ones now though.

So it was you who bagged that Avalanche down our way :) I was tempted.

It was Adrian, it took her a long time to realise the real value of the Rocky Mountain, certainly a lot of emotional attachment, she had owned it from new and brought it with her from Canada. With a little work it will be good to go again though.. :cool:

Attachments

• JOE MURRAY-MARIN.png
    JOE MURRAY-MARIN.png
    319.9 KB · Views: 258
Re:

I never paid much attention at the time, always too keen to see inside the mag. The fact it had MBUK on the front was enough for me. :oops:

Attachments

• Early Marin Advert, MBUK Volume1 Issue 2..jpg
    Early Marin Advert, MBUK Volume1 Issue 2..jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 242
  • ATB SALES product placement, MBUK volume 1 issue 2..jpg
    ATB SALES product placement, MBUK volume 1 issue 2..jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 242
Re:

I dont remember ever having a mullet hair cut, or even a shaggy perm.... :facepalm:

Back