1995 Cindercone

jinjrich

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Afternoon everyone

I thought it high time to share my latest bike, a 95 Cindercone!!

There was one of these for sale in the bike shop i did work experience in aged 15... couldn't quite stretch to the £700 they cost back then, even though i stared at it every day of that fortnight. My dad lent me the money for a fire mountain instead on the proviso i convince said shop to give me a weekend job, which they did, and it took a year of Saturdays and Sundays to pay for that forest green Fire mountain! And i've been in bike shops ever since.

So this is great for me, i always loved the colours, and i hope to rescue the original paint with touch ups if i can.

Plan is a mix of 737/739 XT to give it that extra zing, and the extra stopping power of V's.

4DQA4Gk.jpg

A big thanks for RobMac for supplying the triple butted forks and stem:

un3K2Hl.jpg

Damaged decals i hope to rescue:

8mVsmvj.jpg

Shame about this little crease- telltale sign of someone trying to fit a mech band that's the wrong size and beasting it on :(

cNLlAEv.jpg

Forks look better than the frame:

YKFeiRW.jpg

Sweet logos:

hIDvPUc.jpg

Just need to make some room to move in the shed :roll:

wMoObwF.jpg

Looks good, bound to have some patina but ham fisted mechanics are annoying, nice that you’ll be riding the bike you wanted though.

I restored one of these in 2018, really nice to ride and a very smart colour combo.

One of the best colours Kona used, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Minifreak":gy2ajfe2 said:
Looks good, bound to have some patina but ham fisted mechanics are annoying, nice that you’ll be riding the bike you wanted though.

I restored one of these in 2018, really nice to ride and a very smart colour combo.

Did you do a build thread?

Also, just found this one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=265433
Complete with useful paint codes! :LOL:

Small update...

Popped into work early today for some alone time with 'Mr Rozone'.. :LOL:

dtorcdu.jpg

To sort out these dirty little things...

zIYaBL5.jpg

Brake pads (originals!) fell apart pretty easily

HYyLOyx.jpg

Soaky

LAwOcO9.jpg

thats better!!

YO9fuNq.jpg

Plus, a package has arrived!!! Gotta get some new rims ordered then i'll build up some wheels :D

0rRdqSs.jpg

uw8ivcz.jpg

Back