Category X-Orange Formula.

Lovely frame but have to agree with Pete, needs more pictures of the actual frame and ideally with some parts fitted, keep seeing the same pictures as you posted in mid Nov :shock: also easier to decide on final spec then ;) :cool:

mk one":14v59jrq said:
Lovely frame but have to agree with Pete, needs more pictures of the actual frame and ideally with some parts fitted, keep seeing the same pictures as you posted in mid Nov :shock: also easier to decide on final spec then ;) :cool:

Fair, the longer it takes, the harder the paint finish, and as mentioned i keep changing my mind.. :facepalm: And ive been finishing others along the way too, so not been idle as such.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=405272

Re: Re:

sinnerman:8vr2yrnb said:
pete_mcc:8vr2yrnb said:
How did I miss this Christmas cracker. Lovely as always, but come on, more build photos!

Hey Pete, been deliberating over spec if im honest..

Just going through my phone and found these, before being dismantled, checking the decals, and looking at 32 years of Fade and Torment. (sadly they are all i do have). thumbnail_IMG_2216.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2206.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2220.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2204.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2218.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2207.jpg

Last edited:
mk one":wrom6z80 said:
Wow, what a transformation, very inspirational!

Cheers, it was a sigh of relief when the paint was removed and there was no repairs or additional work required other than paint.

Re:

Finally!! Just a Steve Wade one to get on here.

Looks great, I think I’d go with silver XT.

Coleman:j6vz09km said:
Finally!! Just a Steve Wade one to get on here.

Looks great, I think I’d go with silver XT.

Hows it going with the one you were helping with, any progress....?

Mines on a slow burn at the moment, I'm struggling with time and wheels, I've managed to get the original ones, but they need fair work to be honest.. :oops: untitled (2).jpg

Last edited:

Coleman":2u4xzfpt said:
Its done I think - not seen it yet..

What wheels - MA40s with Dakar hubs would be nice.

Ive got Dakar hubs and Bullseye in Black, both with the wrong axle length, a pair of lovely MA40 MB rims, both with the wrong amount of holes for the hubs, not having much luck with this build.

The original wheels can be rescued, the rims are fine but filthy, bent and loose spokes can be replaced and trued, Axles and bearings need removing and replacing, the previous owner at some point, replaced the freehub body with a 7 rather than 6, and then jammed a 7spd cassette onto it, leaving the last sprocket off altogether, i think the only way it stayed in place with no lockring for so long was brute force to jam it in place and then dirt, debris muck and rust stopping it from moving for years. Just to save these wheels as a temporary set until i can find what i want, will need a new freehub, axle bearings, spokes, sprockets.

Back