Mint ‘92 Marin Eldridge Grade

That is lovely condition. What a find!
The earlier wide-profile canti's are way harder to setup, but V's are simpler with the allen headed pad holders. It's a shame to get it dirty.

Finally got around to giving my Marin a proper shakedown (along with my willing Cocker Spaniel!).

Everything held up a treat. Gears shifted nicely, and the frame felt great. Stiff yet zingy, and I tracked very nicely. Had it in the granny a few times (forgotten how easy small chainrings make pedalling these days!), and could have done with some bar ends on occasion (do people even try uphill these days, or do long and low geometries not need them?).

Anyway, here are some photos...

0JhEtpA.jpg

wDVXDiw.jpg

Z5TU1FL.jpg

JuEgTty.jpg

Re: Re:

GKR":3b8w8gdp said:
Hi, are you interested in selling the marin eldridge grade?
Afraid not — still loving the ride. Took it out for a muddy blast just before Christmas. Only snag is I now need to totally redo the saddle. Turns out liquid Kiwi polish isn’t very permanent!

ELtjuN6.jpg

Great find!!
My first new bike ever! I was just getting into MTBs, used to ride up to Dartmoor from Plymouth. I fitted some fluro pink Onza bar ends on mine!

Re:

Love how the neon still zings out even after all this time - must have been stored in the dark. I have one in a similar condition. If you’re on Facebook there’s a group just for old Marins (pre-1996): Marin Bikes: The Early Years.

Lovely bike, I love the look of these old Marins. I had to pass on a similar vintage Palisades Trail because it was too far gone and needed a shed load of money spent on it.

Back