FINISHED! - More or Less NOS Pace RC200 F1

Re:

Did the Ritchey rims come with the large lettering or did you add it? Like the way it looks :)

One of the best looking PACE builds for a while.

Re: Re:

Thanks!

I originally sorted those Ritchey decals for my Tim Gould replica Team Schwinn (see the link in my Signature), as his bike in 1993 had those. Liked the look of them so much that I got some more for this build. Gil at Retrodecals did them, taking away the swoosh under the letters on the standard Ritchey logo.

1552":3bv19234 said:
Did the Ritchey rims come with the large lettering or did you add it? Like the way it looks :)

One of the best looking PACE builds for a while.

Re: New project - More or Less NOS Pace RC200 F1

So, I bought some nice gold X-Lite Chicken Stix for the F1. Turns out someone has bored the clamps for a thicker bar :evil:
Anyway, with some hard rubber shimming I got ’em to fit.

So Pace lovers, question is;

X-Lite? (if I run with these, I will re-anodise the slightly faded clamps black)
Or
XC-Pro?

Untitled by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Ordinarily I would have said XC pro but in this case, British bike, British levers ( plus, they actually look better)

Disco Drive":2afw0h8x said:
Ordinarily I would have said XC pro but in this case, British bike, British levers ( plus, they actually look better)

Disco Dave is spot on

Max Headroom":1he4zakq said:
Disco Drive":1he4zakq said:

Disco Dave is spot on

Cheers trigger :facepalm: :xmas-big-grin:

Coming along nicely.

I would say the XC levers, you could always ano the blades gold or even black. Maybe some black bars and gold ano lever blades :shock: :cool:

Re:

Xc pro and get the levers anodised gold.
They just look better.
X-lite chicken stix I find are poorly finished and always look a bit cheap.
Also don't feel great in use IMHO.

Would love to see this in the flesh one day, pictures don't do it justice I don't think.

Very cool!

Back