BH Top Line - Grisley Mega. Mid 90´s Fat-tubes.

I would like to take some new photos to the bicycle but it is imposible, it is still raining. Lot of mud in the paths, cold ... I will wait.

But I have something ... It is not in inglish. It is a review of the XC700 in 1996 in one magazine and .... the Grisley Mega 40 ;) And now I can ride his brother.

The article explains how the fork work and how it is inside.

Attachments

• DSC_2923.JPG
    DSC_2923.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 335
  • DSC_2922.JPG
    DSC_2922.JPG
    987.7 KB · Views: 334
Still rainning, I cannot test the bicycle and fork. But I have done some photos.

Attachments

• topline.jpg
    topline.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 317
  • DSC_2926.jpg
    DSC_2926.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 317
I like the form of the frame and of course the fork ;-)

BTW: In the magazine the fork is titanium (golden), yours look like silver. Is the frame also titanium/golden?

kraeMit":2dnsqfbh said:
I like the form of the frame and of course the fork ;-)

BTW: In the magazine the fork is titanium (golden), yours look like silver. Is the frame also titanium/golden?

The frame is silver and my fork is silver. The golden one is not easy to find in good condition, this fork is in very good condition and works quite fine.

The dial is very efective: 1 is quite soft and 6 is near lock. It is amazing that this fork was made in 96 and the difference between the six position are much better than the diference between the 3 position of my Fox 34 from 2017. :roll:

The Grisley Mega 40 looks better with the gold fork and black LX and rims. But this one is more close to the Mega 30, it is only a STX. The Mega 40 is not easy to find in good or bad condition.

But I like how it looks, I don´t know why I like so much this bicycle. the fat tubes? Perhaps. I like it :D

Finally I have riden it and ... lot of fun. It matain the line quite well, but today some paths were a bit slippery. Slow and fun ... very slow. AVG speed 16,8km/h when in this path I use to do near 20-23 Km/h in a 26" element or ETSX, a bit less in a 29", it is narow and it is not the best for 29".

Group: full STX (brakes, hubs etc)
Fork Marzocchi: XC700
Pedals: Simano 520
Seat post: Kalloy
Andlebar: Kalloy
Seat: NISU (no branded)
Grips: Ati Jhon Tomac

Attachments

• madjh3.jpeg
    madjh3.jpeg
    908 KB · Views: 260

Latest posts