mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Unable to decide between a couple of frames to build for next years Mountain Mayhem i was tempted (may still end up being the case) to change a couple of parts on the Brodie and or Kona and take them again. I did in the end pull this out of the loft, it seemed like fate as once decided it turned out to be right at the very bottom of the pile :roll:

I did have bigish plans for this when i bought it a couple of years ago, full Campagnolo, black would have been the ideal, but that is a long way off, if at all. So to give it a lease of life and to test it in its environment so to speak, it is getting built up with other random parts i have to hand at the moment. Probably XT 737, maybe XTR but im aiming for a low maintenance bike for the many laps i will be doing, solo :shock: :LOL:

It is as the title states, a Colnago Master alloy with matching fork and shaped tubes. Not sure of tubeset but fairly light as you would expect. Currently in the 'which colour stage' so sat on red wheels with red seatpost, other option at moment is blue/silver. Have all the parts apart from a complete threaded headset so shouldn't take too long to get together.

Anyway here are a few pics, will take some more as i build it up and the sun comes out. Colnago Master alloy 4.JPG Colnago Master alloy 3.JPG Colnago Master alloy 2.JPG Colnago Master alloy 1.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

Love the frame and the artistic Colnago paint work, the red parts aren't really doing it for me as they distract you from the paint work I would go blue and silver...... :xmas-big-grin:

A couple of shots with less red :) would probably use silver stem/bars also.

Colnago Master alloy 6.JPG Colnago Master alloy 5.JPG

Last edited:
Just playing with a phone someone just gave me, testing pictures...

Colnago Master alloy T2.jpg Colnago Master alloy T1.jpg

Last edited:
To me, sat here it looks nicer with the red, i dont think the tyres which are on the wheels at the moment are helping much tbh.

Of course its getting built to ride/race so the prettiness is not as important :)

Found a bit of time to fit a few parts today.

Tried a few cranksets after getting an italian thread bb through the post, and went with the White Industries in the end, also with silver stem, bars and post.

Still need to sort a headset out before i can finish it though.

Colnago Master alloy 7.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

I like this frame, if you decide to go with a different build let me know, I would consider adding it to my collection. :)

Re: Re:

1552":3u0hndpx said:
I like this frame, if you decide to go with a different build let me know, I would consider adding it to my collection. :)

If i dont like the ride when its built i will let you know :)

Back