Lovely work and thread Regan, can't wait to see the finished bike. I remember the hunt from when I built my Tim Gould Schwinn homage, getting all nerdy over the details is half the fun!

Note to self - Check with Regan that he's not entering BOTM, before I pop my F1 in the vote!

regan_ev":1e8gplhb said:
I've kept photos to a minimum, or, maximum of eight per post, all hosted on the RB server (hence low quality) so that they have the best chance of not vanishing if hosted elsewhere. The number of dead links and missing photos in historic threads on this and other forums is really depressing. For example, another C-26 thread here by Pierre (24pouces) - there are no photos in that at all. :*( IF ANYONE CAN CONTACT PIERRE TO FIX HIS C-26 THREAD, I'd be grateful. In fact, I think we'd all be grateful.

FYI, John has upped the photo upload size limit, it’s 3meg now which makes a massive difference. If ever there was a build thread that deserved higher photo resolution this is it!! :cool:

Hi Regan,
I believe that right now you are the most prepared person on the yeti c26 and who their owners are.
In the advertisements for the new onza porcupine white 29er two c26 appear, one also has the carbon tubes riveted in the steel, who are they? I attach two photos
I don't want to pollute your beautiful topic, I can immediately delete the message if you want

Attachments

• c26 rivettata.jpg
    c26 rivettata.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 522
  • 2 yeti c26.jpg
    2 yeti c26.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 518
Bollox64":2m3zztab said:
Note to self - Check with Regan that he's not entering BOTM, before I pop my F1 in the vote!

Absolutely......... :eek:

Bollox64":2rfx1iyu said:
Lovely work and thread Regan, can't wait to see the finished bike. I remember the hunt from when I built my Tim Gould Schwinn homage, getting all nerdy over the details is half the fun!
Thanks Alec. I'm a super nerd with some things, I've been properly excited with this project.

As for BOTM, even if it does enter, it's always up to those who like it to vote. There's been some great bikes worthy of the title that have missed out before. I'd love this bike to get the title. I wouldn't think of myself winning it, but the bike. The bike is almost demanding that it receives such care and precision that hopefully I'm giving it!

velofrog":2rfx1iyu said:
FYI, John has upped the photo upload size limit, it’s 3meg now which makes a massive difference. If ever there was a build thread that deserved higher photo resolution this is it!! :cool:
Ahhh tits :oops: :oops: :oops: You just caused another two hours of work! (Which will be totally worth it!) Thank you for that insight. :!:

adri.75":2rfx1iyu said:
...in the advertisements for the new onza porcupine white 29er two c26 appear, one also has the carbon tubes riveted in the steel, who are they?
Ciao Adri - wow, I haven't seen this photo, with two C-26s, only the black one, which belongs to Stefan @ Cycleworks.ch and is the former bike of Luis Kramer, the former Yeti bike shop that sold most Yetis in Europe. It was a gift to Kramer from JP in 1990/91. The rivets were added by Yeti as a precaution. I believe it was the last one ever built, which is why it is black. I don't know the middle one, I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶C̶y̶c̶l̶e̶s̶h̶a̶r̶k̶'̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶. EDIT the middle one is one of three original C-26s imported by MTB Cycletech in Switzerland, now belongs to Lopez from Basel. :cool:
Don;t delete them, it adds to the history of the C-26 and compliments my project. Grazie

regan_ev":22euf75y said:
@ Gerard & La Pêche Maybe I can airbrush some dirt on it. :LOL: As for taking it to Mayhem, or anywhere, errr, TBD

It had better be there...how do think Andy is going to get back to the cottage at 3am pissed!!! :facepalm: Certainly won't be able to use Nick's car again. :shock:
A Yeti makes perfect transport sense. :D

Gerard":1b7mb3z9 said:
regan_ev":1b7mb3z9 said:
@ Gerard & La Pêche Maybe I can airbrush some dirt on it. :LOL: As for taking it to Mayhem, or anywhere, errr, TBD

It had better be there...how do think Andy is going to get back to the cottage at 3am pissed!!! :facepalm: Certainly won't be able to use Nick's car again. :shock:

Ha! Just spat my coffee out....... :LOL:

Gerard":3hzlupmt said:
regan_ev":3hzlupmt said:
@ Gerard ... As for taking it to Mayhem, or anywhere, errr, TBD
If if I take it, Andy would never ride it. He hates them. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• any123 crap.JPG
    any123 crap.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 411
regan_ev":955ot6rv said:
Bollox64":955ot6rv said:
Thanks Alec. I'm a super nerd with some things, I've been properly excited with this project.

As for BOTM, even if it does enter, it's always up to those who like it to vote. There's been some great bikes worthy of the title that have missed out before. I'd love this bike to get the title. I wouldn't think of myself winning it, but the bike. The bike is almost demanding that it receives such care and precision that hopefully I'm giving it!

velofrog":955ot6rv said:
Ahhh tits :oops: :oops: :oops: You just caused another two hours of work! (Which will be totally worth it!) Thank you for that insight. :!:

adri.75":955ot6rv said:
...in the advertisements for the new onza porcupine white 29er two c26 appear, one also has the carbon tubes riveted in the steel, who are they?
Ciao Adri - wow, I haven't seen this photo, with two C-26s, only the black one, which belongs to Stefan @ Cycleworks.ch and is the former bike of Luis Kramer, the former Yeti bike shop that sold most Yetis in Europe. It was a gift to Kramer from JP in 1990/91. The rivets were added by Yeti as a precaution. I believe it was the last one ever built, which is why it is black. I don't know the middle one, I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶C̶y̶c̶l̶e̶s̶h̶a̶r̶k̶'̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶. EDIT the middle one is one of three original C-26s imported by MTB Cycletech in Switzerland, now belongs to Lopez from Basel. :cool:
Don;t delete them, it adds to the history of the C-26 and compliments my project. Grazie

Its hard to believe either of those two C26s have not been refurbised/rebuilt though surely...?

Are there now more C26s in Europe than in the states....?

sinnerman":2o6ufjun said:
Its hard to believe either of those two C26s have not been refurbished/rebuilt though surely...?
Are there now more C26s in Europe than in the states....?
Not regarding construction, and the one in Basel is totally original I believe. I think Stefan's ex-Kramer riveted one has had fresh decals and maybe a couple of components changes but no framework.

==========================================

Actual build progress earlier... B.B. fitted. I went hardcore Yeti race spec - I removed the bearing retainer cages :LOL: Well, loose-ball BBs should have loose balls. And I saved 3 grams weight.

All in properly with no play and spinning smoothly. Just about managed to seat the axle dust seals which were a little fiddly. I've never fitted a loose ball BB before, only sealed units. :p

Attachments

• BB fitted DS_.JPG
    BB fitted DS_.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 394
  • BB fitted NDS_.JPG
    BB fitted NDS_.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 393
  • NOS BB M730_.JPG
    NOS BB M730_.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 392
  • BB box open_.JPG
    BB box open_.JPG