Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:34 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:10 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

It's defo ace to get info from the original trail blazers and why it was such a thrill when dear Micheal Bonney used to post on here.

Great thread is this guys, like the good old days. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject: Re: Category X-Orange
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:26 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Cheshire1980 wrote:
Yes quite a shock with Kevin, still rides a lot. And certainly had fond memories of the Orange days!
Yes I have the mag at home, so can scan some pictures up. No probs.
And yes purchased off Adrian.
Anyway can’t wait to see yours complete.

Have you seen the work he has done for Andrew with the Tushnghams.....Very cool... 8)

Im going to be a little sensible with this one, in my head i invisioned, IRD brakes front and rear, and some choice hard to find period parts and NO shimano.

And then i woke up.

IRD brakes, i couldnt get them BITD and having looked, i still cant get them now... :facepalm: , and being sensible, im trying to look at it, the same way i would have back in the day.
Form, Function and cost. And inevitably period correct correct if i can.

Attachments:
13. December Andy T 1987 Tushingham .jpg
13. December Andy T 1987 Tushingham .jpg [ 207.5 KiB | Viewed 291 times ]

Last edited by sinnerman on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:31 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

brocklanders023 wrote:
It's defo ace to get info from the original trail blazers and why it was such a thrill when dear Micheal Bonney used to post on here.

Great thread is this guys, like the good old days. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Yes those Tushinghams were sublime. The attention to detail was fantastic.

Yes definitely rewinding back to how you would have it back in the day, makes perfect sense to me. The frame in itself speaks volumes, IMO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:37 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Cheshire1980 wrote:
Yes those Tushinghams were sublime. The attention to detail was fantastic.

Yes definitely rewinding back to how you would have it back in the day, makes perfect sense to me. The frame in itself speaks volumes, IMO

Im just really chuffed, all these lovely bikes have been saved and have helped paint a picture and tell the story.

One thing i have made my mind up to do. is to get a good picture of the Formula and Pioneer together,...it has been a long time coming.

Attachments:
untitled.png
untitled.png [ 1.54 MiB | Viewed 118 times ]
Overburys Towering above Oranges...!.jpg
Overburys Towering above Oranges...!.jpg [ 280.11 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]
All i need is some Oranges for a good picture..jpg
All i need is some Oranges for a good picture..jpg [ 197.77 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]

Last edited by sinnerman on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:03 pm 
Retro Guru

Yes one of the things I love about Retrobike, it goes through the whole process, shows the love and passion that people have for there retro rides! So the more pictures of the pioneer and formula together the better I say!
Additionally, discovered tonight that there are so many pictures on Photo bucket that have blurred. Grrrrrr.. Will have to get a load of Orange stuff scanned and put up!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:18 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Cheshire1980 wrote:
Yes one of the things I love about Retrobike, it goes through the whole process, shows the love and passion that people have for there retro rides! So the more pictures of the pioneer and formula together the better I say!
Additionally, discovered tonight that there are so many pictures on Photo bucket that have blurred. Grrrrrr.. Will have to get a load of Orange stuff scanned and put up!

Agreed, and be sure to post that article. Also, if you have any early adverts too, i would love to see something from the same era for the formula model, would be nice to see what Orange were doing in the marketing regard, when compared to Overburys.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:47 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider

WOW! I was just about to go to bed when I stumbled into this thread and I have to say it is fantastic.

I need to be reminded of theTushingham builds another day, when I have more time to simply read threads and daydream, opposed to skipping from tab to tab and website to website to FB to IG and a hundred-and-one simultaneous things. (BTW, I can't remember whose Tushinghams they even were, but reading the name AndyT in the previous page gives a hint I think? Or maybe they are yours? Either way, despite my atrocious memory, I recall those builds were exquisite and incredibly detailed, exactly the stuff I love.)

BTTT, I concur with Argos's work. They did my first Alpinestars. That was my first ever build and I went about much of it totally wrong, so the spec I gave to Argos, whist being delivered on perfectly by them, was wrong in a few ways, but all my own fault.

I have another Yeti build coming which I am planning to send to Garry to complete. They also di dRetroSpud's Yeti ARC, and it was that frame that turned me onto Argos in the first place. A1 painters, no question.

Love this frame here. I love the brazing. I love the X brace. I love the super sloping TT. It's impossible not to love.

I look forward to further updates. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:56 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Taking nothing away from Sinnerman, the Tushingham is here to save you searching, the Tushingham B52 is waiting for its final part from the painters and it will join it's stable mate..
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=383526

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:50 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Andy T wrote:
Taking nothing away from Sinnerman, the Tushingham is here to save you searching, the Tushingham B52 is waiting for its final part from the painters and it will join it's stable mate..
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=383526

Thanks for taking the time Andrew, you certainly aren't taking anything away, more adding to the whole story.

In my continued attempt to find the Illusive Orange Advertising of the time, I came across this little snippet, ( Heads up for Andrew, For reasons that will come to light a little later, hopefully.) Quite good to see a pictured Formula, this one from May 89, It looks like a Donohue built example to me, but the picture is quite grainy, with a wishbone perhaps...? Things seemed to move at a swift pace back then... 8)

Attachments:
trsthr (2).png
trsthr (2).png [ 1.83 MiB | Viewed 119 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next