Category X-Orange Formula.

Re: Re:

jimo746":pk0pegax said:
Clucking bell! :shock:

Please tell me you or Gil has those decals on file? And who did the paint for this?

How many of these X-brace Dave Yates built frames are there??

Only decals im afraid, and from what Micheal told me there are no more than 3 by DY, as demand ramped up, the other framebuilders at TWG built for them too, as has been discussed across multiple threads here.

I think truth be told, the history was written long ago, and no one expected a load of guys like us to pay as much attention as we have to the nuts and bolts of the story.

And im sure, the reason eveyone is as tight lipped as they are, is less about memory and more about legend.

Every one loves a camp fire story of myth and legend.

Re:

Wow, wow, wow! Which frame was this Carl, the one punted about on numerous occasions? It's turned out exceptionally. Are the decals originals? If so they must be the only gold leaf ones unused?

Superb, signing up. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Re: Category X-Orange

firedfromthecircus:2cpzc610 said:
Magnificent!

Got any before pics? And what Jim said, who did the paint? Was it yourself?

Afraid not, a bit of a long story of how it came to me, and i wont bore everyone with it.

As for painting it myself, NO WAY, not this one, it was far too important to me to get it right, for me to balls it up.

All credit for that goes to Mark, Gary and the rest of the team at Argos.

It was all in really good shape, so no frame work at all required simply strip and paint. They have the right Neon paint, there is no Pearl, and the fade depths are spot on, the accuracy for me was everything and the fellas really didnt disapoint. 88.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Re:

brocklanders023":38vp4dr7 said:
Ah, right, so we have not seen this one before. :cool:

I think the one your thinking of was the one i viewed a long time ago, that required so many new tubes..? i think the dodgy seller broke it for parts, i think the frame is with us here somewhere, but i cant remember who has it. The original owner of that bike was an is a personal friend of Lesters and he always referred to it as a clockwork, which just adds even more intregue to the camp fire story for me. :cool:

Argos is just a cross the river to me, tempted to get my formula done, looking at your amazing result!
Always been a bit apprehensive doing it, but that looks outstanding.

Cheshire1980":1fsu11nz said:
Argos is just a cross the river to me, tempted to get my formula done, looking at your amazing result!

not for the first time, I cant compliment them enough, throughout the whole process, Metal painted samples were even sent to ensure i was happy with the colour match and finish, and returning them to me was a revalation in care and attention, i have never seen such carefully packed boxes.

Worth every single penny.

Just stunning Carl,
Would have been epic build even before it went to Argos. I know Neilios was delighted with what they did with his 653 Caygill.

Lol, I find it hard finding a mainstream project without shooting for the things you find. All the best with it... subscribed.

Chris

Carl, going on that recommendation I just might invest the funds to get my Donohue formula done. Feel I owe it. Still that Yates of yours is the pinnacle of orangey goodness!

Back