BH Top Line - Grisley Mega. Mid 90´s Fat-tubes.

I´m still waiting for the fork. This week it should arrive. And if it is in good working condition, I will use this bicycle for normal routes.

Suzukiko":17xu71qq said:
Great bikes.
Nice to see you here, madjh.

Nice to see you too :)

11io278.jpg

Fork recieved but the work has not been done. The rebound doesn´t work ...

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,473
How should I add oil to this fork? Only in the upper side ? (via presta valve?) And how much?

It is an air/oil suspension fork, it needs compresses air to move and oil to do the damping.
You can find all informations about the XC700 here: https://dr-marzocchi.projectweb.de/wp-c ... chnung.pdf

You can check the oil level by dissassemble the aluminium air cap, best advice is to use a top air cap puller like this one (picture enclosed).

Means: let the air pressure out, push the top air cap into the stanchion tube (1cm), take the ring out, lift the air cap by using the air cap puller - please re-read it in the manual.
Don't use other tools like pliers, you will damage the part for sure!

If you have any other question about this fork, seals or spares, just drop me a note.

Attachments

• Air plug puller.jpg
    Air plug puller.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,458
Re:

HI there.

I am about to re-build my XC-700's, and would like to know ... do you have any of those 'top cap puller's available for sale?

I have recived the caps, nice.

Thank you for the advice. I will check the oil level.

Oil level ok and all works. Amazing, this XC700 was better than the Judy XC or Indys forks or any Manitou 1,2,3,4,5. Smooth and lineal not progresive.

Now I have to wait until stop rainning. More than 1 month raining near every day. The reservoirs were too low so it is quite good, but for cycling not.

I cannot wait to ride this bicycle. I bought for city only because I like how it looks and I don´t whant a boring new MTB but it is quite fun so I will use as it was supose to be use: fun in paths and trails. :)

Back