Early 80’s Araya Muddy Fox Adventurer

cygnusinteranates

Retro Newbie
Morning Ladies and Gents,

I’ve just bought this beauty as my first ever winter project (For the princely sum of £5). As a first time poster, are there any pitfalls I should be aware of or pearls of wisdom that I should heed?

Also, would I be better restoring to original spec and colour or updating/modernising?

If this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move to the correct place (I’m new to chat rooms etc).

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• D4F8360D-46C2-48B1-A27F-7230E1C97100.jpeg
    D4F8360D-46C2-48B1-A27F-7230E1C97100.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 957
Hi

Welcome!

They look like Daniel Salmon mudguards which are quite rare in themselves!

The rest looks like it needs a wipe down and its ready to roll

Given the decals, parts and bits, it looks to be from around 1986/7

Very nice.

If it was mine I’d just strip it down and give every bit a good clean and re grease.
I’d keep it as original as possible (please change the saddle, it’s nasty and offends my eyes ;) )

Welcome to RB , hope you enjoy it.

Re:

Nice cruiser :cool:

Might the rims be slightly newer than the rest? Evidence of little/initial wear on the rear with the stop start braking surface wear, plus I would have thought original rims would have been silver Araya types rather than dark anodised Mavics. Not something to worry about changing however!

Looks good.
This was for sale recently here in New Zealand, went for 20 quid, but they wouldn't ship to me so I missed out. This is probably more of the original spec, silver rims etc.

Attachments

• S&G Muddy Fox Adventurer.jpg
    S&G Muddy Fox Adventurer.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 709
Back