Radical Carbon Kevlar Prototype- Full resto

Re:

Thank you sir.
It rides surprisingly well for a prototype.. compliant, reasonably stiff and great cornering!

Re: Re:

Disco Drive":37d5sk5q said:
Thank you sir.
It rides surprisingly well for a prototype.. compliant, reasonably stiff and great cornering!

Its so left field, you just got to love it.

Brilliant work mate.

Hats off.

:cool:

This comes out of my head and comes out in Spanish :shock:
Sorry in Spanish:

A C O J O N A N T E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good job ;)

Re:

Jeez, absolute top job there buddy. Looks amazing. The details are amazing, love it!!!

Re: Radical

Just seen this on BoTM, somehow it reminds me of inspector gadget with all the crazy inventions, love the fork btw, and really an excellent resto job!

Re: Radical

narcotitlan":nz3wjkxo said:
Just seen this on BoTM, somehow it reminds me of inspector gadget with all the crazy inventions, love the fork btw, and really an excellent resto job!
Cheers.....don't forget to vote!

Update:
COVID-19 allowed me some time to readdress the front end set up of this one-off wonder.
I stripped the forks down to the component parts and experimented again with turning the blades around. I noticed ‘G’ and ‘D’ stamped into the dropouts which I took as gauche and droit as the blades are aluminium under the carbon Kevlar wrap, meaning they were most likely from an early french road bike. These are now on their correct sides respectively and the set up works well in this new configuration, aside from the cable angle to the brake armature.
It functions fine and I thoroughly enjoyed the short shake down test ride.
The bike looks more conventional now and I don’t feel such a Pratt riding it lol!

Attachments

• 38D3B0D6-8BAC-4849-971B-A5E765597FE9.jpeg
    38D3B0D6-8BAC-4849-971B-A5E765597FE9.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 148
  • B6E51F11-D442-4411-8865-CCCEFFC7A9D5.jpeg
    B6E51F11-D442-4411-8865-CCCEFFC7A9D5.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 148
Re:

Fantastic, glad you turned the fork around, the whole project has been......... whats the word..... Oh yes RADICAL

Back