FINISHED: The Retro Tank Build - Spooky Metalhead

Re:

A good set of bombers can be had for around £100 and the judys will fetch more than that I’d guess. I might even have a set of black bombers on the way to me soon .....

Re: Bollocks to it - Spooky Metalhead

Let's be honest here; the Bombers are stiffer than the Judy, that's not debatable. But they're both flexy noodles compared to anything modern. For that reason alone I'd just go with what evokes the memories most. Then again, the iconic Spooky Metalhead photo for me is Steve Geall riding one with the Z1 Duals so feel free to say I'm talking rubbish ;)

Re:

Of course compared to modern stuff they are all not that great.

I couldn’t quite believe how much 98 SID’s flexed last week when I rode them for the first time.

Re: Re:

d8mok":1nta2egm said:
Have you ridden a Spooky? Reason I ask is they are incredibly stiff and that stiffness shows the flex in components. The Judys will feel awful on it. Needs some Shivers or Z1’s in my opinion. Crank wise is the same so profile is a good shout.

He is right.

And it comes down to disposable income.... which I don't really have at the moment

Re:

Not sure if it’s any good but I’ll be selling those Bombers I mentioned. 2002 MXR Air model in black.

Because sometimes little things like Brooklyn Machine Works valve caps matter...

Attachments

• Brooklyn Machine Works Valve Caps.jpg
    Brooklyn Machine Works Valve Caps.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 385

Cloverleaf":3m62bab9 said:
Let's be honest here; the Bombers are stiffer than the Judy, that's not debatable. But they're both flexy noodles compared to anything modern. For that reason alone I'd just go with what evokes the memories most. Then again, the iconic Spooky Metalhead photo for me is Steve Geall riding one with the Z1 Duals so feel free to say I'm talking rubbish ;)

My photo was of Pope on a yellow Metalhead with Risse single crown forks, wowzers!

Back