1990-93 Dynatech MTB in Team Colours

jagr

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi All,
My friends family used to own a big bike shop in my town and everyone was envious as they were quite involved with Raleigh.
I believe it was late 1990 when he received this Dynatech:

IVZxzsK.jpg

I always liked it but forgot about it till the other day when I went to help him empty his garage and there it was.
He hasn't ridden it for the best part of 20years.
I agreed to buy it off him and was going to clean it up and ride it but unfortunately he is 6ft 3 and I am 5ft 5 so it is way too big for me.

I am now considering giving it a service and renew a few of the bolts and resell it on.

Now this is the tricky bit, he says and can't remember that the top bar always had that bend in it but the few pics I see of similar bikes don't. Is the a special one of or is it damaged?
Can anyone tell me what model bike it is?

Cheers for any help

A few more pics of parts/condition:

qaiivuN.jpg

JpG1p16.jpg

OztKTt7.jpg

Vt8Mnq8.jpg

WVKa7d2.jpg

hjcvOis.jpg

0OowPXi.jpg

dyna curve, designd for the taller rider. if you are willing to sell as it is id be interested pending price. i have a huge soft for old ralieghs especially dyna curves as they fit me haha

longun":eklgfv4g said:
dyna curve, designd for the taller rider. if you are willing to sell as it is id be interested pending price. i have a huge soft for old ralieghs especially dyna curves as they fit me haha

Cheers for answering the curve question as I was a little concerned.

I would sell as is as it is way too big for me, but have no idea what it is worth. I bought it with my heart and not my head so think I may have paid too much. I will happily listen to offers, if you say what you would pay I can only say yes or no.

Re:

I bought my odyssey (same as this, different paint and groupset) for around 80 quid iirc so would go to around 100, where are you based?

Re: Re:

longun":61152s07 said:
I bought my odyssey (same as this, different paint and groupset) for around 80 quid iirc so would go to around 100, where are you based?

Cheers

As I thought I paid way over the odds (£250) so think I will be stuck with it for a while.
I live in Congleton, Cheshire.

Re:

Probably a stupid question but did my bike have a model name?
Serial number starts with an 'A'

cheers

It's definitely from 1990 and was called the "Team" as far as I remember. Same frame as my Mission and the Odyssey but full XC Pro. We had one as the shop bike when I worked at the Hawick Cycle Centre as a lad.

DynaCol":x0lp1m5m said:
It's definitely from 1990 and was called the "Team" as far as I remember. Same frame as my Mission and the Odyssey but full XC Pro. We had one as the shop bike when I worked at the Hawick Cycle Centre as a lad.

Thanks
I appreciate you answering me

No problem.
They changed things in 91 to make the Dyna-Tech branding more prominent, rather than having the large Raleigh decal on the downtube. I prefer the 90 decals to the later years tbh. I think they were trying to get away from the traditional image of the solid dependable (but maybe not exciting) that Raleigh had.

Back