93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Latest weigh-in pg. 22*

Re:

Titanium nuts and bolts throughout? Aluminum nipples on wheels....saves a lot of weight if you have brass ones.
Sorry I haven't read the whole thread so you may have done these.

Re: 93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Shedding more weight*

Hi G.

Alloy nipples are a given :) As were super-light spokes.

There aren't many steel bolts on the bike, but every little helps!!

Nah. It was under 20lb with fancy cantis, but maguras have dominion over all other brakes :)

I have been eyeing up the magura mounting hardware... and my drill press... and my bench grinder... there's a lot of metal there.

My_Teenage_Self":66cf9ywo said:
Nah. It was under 20lb with fancy cantis, but maguras have dominion over all other brakes :)

I have been eyeing up the magura mounting hardware... and my drill press... and my bench grinder... there's a lot of metal there.

Uh oh! :facepalm:

I can see this going badly

My_Teenage_Self":1fu16mfp said:

There was a Ti Magura fixing kit and Ali boosters. Aftermarket I think Also Magura made some crazy looking gold fixings for the Olympic version which look stupid light. Someone had photos just recently of them mounted on their bike. Can't remember is here of FB.

Mike Muz":6sr0uhgo said:
My_Teenage_Self":6sr0uhgo said:

It’s only a bench grinder ! - what could go wrong .......not as if he’s planning on using a commercial chop saw

Mike Muz":264nmp3u said:
My_Teenage_Self":264nmp3u said:

Meh. My face ain't much to look at as it is. :LOL: I may well be heading into 'silly light' to achieve this :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Up until now, everthing has been sensible.

Gerard":264nmp3u said:
My_Teenage_Self":264nmp3u said:

There was a Ti Magura fixing kit and Ali boosters. Aftermarket I think Also Magura made some crazy looking gold fixings for the Olympic version which look stupid light. Someone had photos just recently of them mounted on their bike. Can't remember is here of FB.

I'm not running boosters (and if I were, it'd be the carbon ones at 12g each !) and I already have the original yellow anodised alloy mounting bolts, so they can't get any lighter! Yakboy has the ones you mentioned on his (inferior) Lotus :)

The headset spacer is ripe for ripping into too, either that or a carbon one. Smaller chainrings are an option, but I haven't seen any smaller in 110 BCD. The cranks are going to be very hard or £££ to lighten, but the BB... It's Royce, and over 200g, but you don't see many super-light retro BBs in a 130mm.

Retro Spud":3idc9mco said:
Mike Muz":3idc9mco said:
My_Teenage_Self":3idc9mco said:

It’s only a bench grinder ! - what could go wrong .......not as if he’s planning on using a commercial chop saw

There must be a joke there?

I can't put my finger on it.

Retro Spud":2ctnrlx0 said:
Mike Muz":2ctnrlx0 said:
My_Teenage_Self":2ctnrlx0 said:

Imagine that. I'd hate not being able to give someone the finger. Other than the surgeon!

Back