1995 Sunn Vertik 2 - 'Tis a new bike on page 4

Re: Re:

1552":sf88y7oq said:
That's a fast looking bike.
Personally I prefer it on the skinny slicks, the new tyres make it look a little heavy.
Skinny slicks, skinny frame, fast as f*"k!

It is fast. Or at least it makes me want to go fast more than my other bikes do.
I can see what you mean about the tyres. But to me the skinny ones made the wheels look slightly too small for the bike - too much gap between the tyres and the frame/fork. If they made a 1.5" or 1.75" version, I would have gone with that.

Re: 1995 Sunn Vertik 2

Graham_hkr":2ch3o9pv said:
K_50":2ch3o9pv said:
New tyres
Great work in bringing it back to life, looks really cool with the Kojak's on I think.. :cool:

Thanks. Just changing a few things out almost makes it feel like new bike day, even though I've had it for 20 years now.
I like how the Kojaks look as well. And they are perfect for riding in the city, which is what I mostly do.
Right now I'm on holiday in the country, and I have to ride a couple of kilometres on gravel roads to get to the house. That is, shall we say, interesting on slicks...

K_50":xu6xhfe8 said:
Right now I'm on holiday in the country, and I have to ride a couple of kilometres on gravel roads to get to the house. That is, shall we say, interesting on slicks...
:LOL: I'm familiar with that tbh... good fun though! :shock:

Graham_hkr":2rwf6hrm said:
K_50":2rwf6hrm said:
:LOL: I'm familiar with that tbh... good fun though! :shock:

Scary fun ;)

"New" cranks and derailleurs.

They came off of this Trek, which I got on the cheap, and am planning to make a project out of (right now I'm thinking 700c wheels and drops)

Back