NOS Nakamura Summit 1997

That’s a tough work horse you’ve got there! If my memory serves correct, those shadows were one step under summits, and above there was complite which already had some XTR installed to it. The colour looks pretty similar to mine!

Re:

Yes, I believe it is the exact same (beautiful, and unmatched since) colour. It was a time jump seeing your bike by the original colour of mine.

Thanks for the range specs! I think, after some investigation based on sets and shimano databases, my shadow pro is from 1998.

Re:

Interesting though that shadow came with rst suspension forks in 1998 while upper models (with xt or xtr sets) with no suspension. Can you tell the reason? I have to admit that back then my first idea was also to replace suspension fork by a normal one.

Re:

I do not have any answers on that. I have a 1999 catalogue of Nakamura bikes and there even Shadow doesn't have any suspension version, only rigid. Summit has the rigid version and a suspension version with RockShox Judy C, then Complite is only rigid again, and the top of the line 10th anniversary model has only suspension version with Manitou SX-R.

Maybe back then the weightweenie hype was at its peak and the rigid versions allowed to get closer to the magical 10kg? Or the quality of the mid level suspension forks were so bad that it was smarter to put a rigid fork there? No idea of the real reason :)

Yes it was probably that weight consciousness that almost made me change the suspension fork (yes RST 381R was heavy with its 2,9 kg).

On the other hand, from time to time I find pictures of Shadow pro's on the internet, and all seem to have the same yellow RST 381R suspension fork as mine once had.

Hey.

Very nice bike. I have Nakamura Shadow from 1998 year and It's great!

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5tdGItbmV3cy5kZS92My8yNS8yNTUyLzI1NTIzMjMtazk0a2ptcXhxdWpkLTAwMS1vcmlnaW5hbC5qcGc.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5tdGItbmV3cy5kZS92My8yNS8yNTUyLzI1NTIzMjQtNDZtMHRpeDFtbmZzLTAwMi1vcmlnaW5hbC5qcGc.jpg

Back