mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I had two of my built Kona's out so decided to bring the third out for a family photo :)

'96 Hei Hei, built with the intention of using all silver components while humming one of Hawkwinds classics :) I have a set of nice Judy SL's and a M950 groupset for the bike, just need some decals.

'93 Kilauea, owned one around '94ish and was the best steel framed bike i had ever ridden. The bike was set up with original components but i have recently changed a few to prepare it for this years MM.

'90 Explosif, well, an impulse buy as it looked amazing and wanted to try the Track Two forks. The bike is set up with Shimano XT730.

Mark

Attachments

• P1011288 (Medium).JPG
    P1011288 (Medium).JPG
    229 KB · Views: 627
  • P1011290 (Medium).JPG
    P1011290 (Medium).JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 628
  • P1011260 (Medium).JPG
    P1011260 (Medium).JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 628
  • P1011259 (Medium).JPG
    P1011259 (Medium).JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 628
  • P1011258 (Medium).JPG
    P1011258 (Medium).JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 627
  • P1011256 (Medium).JPG
    P1011256 (Medium).JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 627
Re:

Really nice that paint splattered kona. Did they only sell that colour scheme in the UK? I don't see many Kona's from that period in france let alone with that effect.

Re:

Nope, it was worldwide but bare in mind by 89/90 Kona was still getting up and running so to speak, so there have been a few paint variations.

For me, this and the previous years green yellow white splatter are the best colour combinations.

For Mayhem comfort over style wins...unless your a sucker for punishment ;-)

Re:

Lovely gaggle of Konas there.

My favourite is definitely the Hei Hei. Really like those butterscotch tyres against the silver scheme. I’d agree re decals needed to finish it.

Very nice....

Re: Re:

al-onestare":p340od7i said:
For me, this and the previous years green yellow white splatter are the best colour combinations.

For Mayhem comfort over style wins...unless your a sucker for punishment ;-)

Would like to find an earlier mint green one in my size :cool:

And you are racing over the whole event, i think i would go that route also, i am only riding a lap or two spread out so wont be too much of an issue :)

Mark

Great collection, the splatter Explosif is stunning & the 93 Kilauea is the last of the golden period for me.

I've recently acquired my first Kona for restoring, a 91 Cinder Cone. Can't wait to get it finished for riding.

Back