1994 DEAN Titanium

Re:

Out on the DEAN today, for my first ride of the year :D !

Due to my physical condition (cold) and the fact that I did not want to have to do a lot of cleaning afterwards, I took an easy route today over some local gravel trails (would that mean, I've been gravel racing..?).

Quite a bit of wind, but other than that, the weather conditions were fine.

I recently put some of the 3dv parts that came of my FRO onto my DEAN, in an attempt to bring out the satin Ti finish on this Sandvik frame a bit better.

p5pb18136525.jpg

p5pb18136520.jpg

p5pb18136522.jpg

Along the way, I passed a freeride trail, but that will be for another day (life?) on another bike (that I'd have to acquire still..) :LOL:

p5pb18136526.jpg

Overall, a very enjoyable ride: this bike runs/shifts/brakes/climbs really smoothly and that is always a great experience.

Now it's time to take down the Christmas tree :), enjoy your weekends!

very nice, I really like the all silver version! might have to start changing my parkpre around again :facepalm:

how do you like it with rigid forks?

Still looking nice, but is crying out for a 3dv seat collar :shock: ;) :D

foz":1s5tqbvi said:
very nice, I really like the all silver version! might have to start changing my parkpre around again :facepalm:

how do you like it with rigid forks?

Perhaps I do too, but I just like the building, rebuilding, exchanging and riding so much :)

The rigid forks are fine, especially on the more friendly routes. I'm definitely nota DH-kind-of guy: I like to ride uphill as much as possible. Which can be a challenge in the Netherlands.. ;)

What happened to those Judy's you were running on your Parkpre, BTW..?

WimVDD":1s5tqbvi said:
This is such a great looking bike....

Thanks, Wim! I always feel kind of guilty when I read your responses.. It's that I love this bike a lot too, otherwise I would've already send it back to you long time ago..

mk one":1s5tqbvi said:
Still looking nice, but is crying out for a 3dv seat collar :shock: ;) :D

Cheers! If you have a 3dv Ringle seat collar (31.8mm), let me know, as I've been looking for one for a while already: the current one is cracking as we speak.

What happened to those Judy's you were running on your Parkpre, BTW..?

Cheers! If you have a 3dv Ringle seat collar (31.8mm), let me know, as I've been looking for one for a while already: the current one is cracking as we speak.

The judy's were sold years ago, it's on a more modern set of rebas now

I have a silver/purple (3dv type) seatpost clamp if you want, mainly silver with the cam part in 3dv. 31.8mm. Came on the parkpre originally... I think it's odyssey? not sure... can take a pic if you like

Looks good matey, I’ve got silver components and I do prefer the silver & the manitou fork you had on it ... good to see you riding it ... . ;-)

Back