Cannondale SM2000

Re:

"My car door needs repair, so I bought just a turbo"

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about the car woes. Good thing bike projects don´t go bad from stalling and can be reactivated when circumstances allow.
All the best
Dr

Re: Re:

Dr Dremel":3nlhltjj said:
"My car door needs repair, so I bought just a turbo"

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about the car woes. Good thing bike projects don´t go bad from stalling and can be reactivated when circumstances allow.
All the best
Dr

Thanks Dr. It shouldn't delay it too much but it's frustrating all the same.

Re:

It's been a few months since I posted about this bike. I've bought a few parts but it still has a way to go yet. I have some shifters/brake levers not shown here. The front XT M735 derailleur and M732 cantilevers seem pretty difficult to find in Australia.

47647270731_4db1cb34ef_z.jpg

47647268531_3041ddd501_z.jpg

Also, check US Ebay for the M735/732 stuff. It's all easy to find here, shipping might be your biggest expense.

krakhaus":2a3k59pc said:
Also, check US Ebay for the M735/732 stuff. It's all easy to find here, shipping might be your biggest expense.

Thanks krakhaus. I looked on Ebay and, you're right, the shipping is a killer. I just missed out on a set on M732 cantis locally by a few minutes last week. :(

I've got a front derailleur coming. It's an LX instead of the XT it's supposed to have but I'll use that until the correct one comes along.

Re: Re:

Sprocket71":3in6ulz4 said:
Would you like to sell this?

Ha ha, no this one's a keeper. It's my first project bike so I will build it up and ride it.

The LX derailleur arrived yesterday and I fitted it this afternoon. Also just bought a pair of XT M730 quick release skewers for the wheels when I finally get them. I just happened to stumble across the skewers on Ebay while I was looking for something else. They were in Australia for a change too so no obscene shipping charges. :)

I've been following this build, because I bought an SM2000 in 1989 when I was stationed on a submarine in Hawaii. It is still the bike that I ride, but over the years, I've replaced the stem and the seatpost, and they are no longer of any use to me. The original stem was a Cannondale 285 quill stem and the original seat post was a Ritchey Logic, and you are welcome to them if you are interested. I'll attach pictures.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 166
  • seatpost.jpg
    seatpost.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 166
  • stem.jpg
    stem.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 166
NathanL":1dlwniw0 said:
I've been following this build, because I bought an SM2000 in 1989 when I was stationed on a submarine in Hawaii. It is still the bike that I ride, but over the years, I've replaced the stem and the seatpost, and they are no longer of any use to me. The original stem was a Cannondale 285 quill stem and the original seat post was a Ritchey Logic, and you are welcome to them if you are interested. I'll attach pictures.

If the op doesn’t require the stem I’d be interested!

Back