I’ve given a home to a knackered old Dog on its last legs-

Re: Re:

yakboy":18uv3xui said:
Those decals really make it..looking great. Don't you think the Flouro Magura's will look a bit lost next to the Flouro stays?

The Yellow Magura's will be off set by the black of the fitting kit and on the front they are being matched to the light grey of the Manitou 1's and grey rims - so hopefully they won't look lost - however time will tell on that one
If it looks toooo neon I'll brace myself for I told you so :LOL:

My_Teenage_Self":20s501gj said:
Kudos to you. After doing my Trek from scratch, getting a decent finish on a fickle bike frame is no mean feat.

Thanks Steve, to be honest I’ll be well happy if I get close to what you achieved

Superb work, loving it.... :cool:

And totally on your side of the fence when it comes to the value of original paint or ‘patina’.
In my book paint is a consumable, only there to protect the steel (or Ali or Carbon) that lies underneath from corrosion.

Magura HS22 Answer ATAC Gripshift Xray SRT800

yakboy":2tilzvun said:
Don't you think the Flouro Magura's will look a bit lost next to the Flouro stays?

Better look away now ..... the Neon's taking over in an extravaganza of wild abandonment that THM would be proud of

Rather than the thumb shifters I'd planned to use I thought I'd go back to good old SRT800 Xrays Gripshift - granted they are a few years newer in time line terms than the black XT 732/735 kit I'm planning to use but I like them better than SRT600's

Attachments

• ATAC 3.jpg
    ATAC 3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 411
  • ATAC 2.jpg
    ATAC 2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 411
  • ATAC 1.jpg
    ATAC 1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 411
Re: Magura HS22 Answer ATAC Gripshift Xray SRT800

Retro Spud":wwqfor5k said:
yakboy":wwqfor5k said:
Don't you think the Flouro Magura's will look a bit lost next to the Flouro stays?

Better look away now ..... the Neon's taking over in an extravaganza of wild abandonment that THM would be proud of

Rather than the thumb shifters I'd planned to use I thought I'd go back to good old SRT800 Xrays Gripshift - granted they are a few years newer in time line terms than the black XT 732/735 kit I'm planning to use but I like them better than SRT600's

I’ve only just been introduced to the SRT600’s and I’m loving them, what makes the 800’s better? Slick change or just more comfortable?

Stem/bar/levers look the business btw

Attachments

• 14703C87-0CE7-4C30-968D-964EAE91551B.jpeg
    14703C87-0CE7-4C30-968D-964EAE91551B.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 389
Mine (SRT800’s) came after yours and being later versions only available in 8 speed - made from clear plastic hence the name X-ray

The early ones (and my favourite) were constructed with super clear plastic like a Swatch watch so you can see what was going on inside, later ones were smokey brown and modified to make them less prone to cracking

Swatch watches, the backwards one was my favourite :)

And that stem is very nice :cool:

Back