1994 Giant Iguana - parts bike or keeper?

ScooterPie

Dirt Disciple
I picked up a 1994 Giant Iguana in great condition with all original parts except tire(s). The bike has seen little miles but may have been left outside for a short time, or simply ridden on a dusty ride before it slept in the garage for 25 years. There is no rust, but it's dirty. It literally has all the parts as new, and included the receipt and hang tag manual. The right shifter doesn't work (I can fix it), and the brakes are rubbing front and rear - but short of that it's in excellent original condition, including the Araya VP20 wheelset. I will break it down, clean, repack all bearings and relube, and rebuild as OEM. It's too small for me to ride, but the black and gold scratch paint job is fun to look at. I may rob the parts for a rider bike down the line - that was the original intention of buying the bike... but now that I've seen the condition of the bike, and the paperwork, and know the story of the bike, it seems a shame to rob this one for parts. Opinions anybody?

Attachments

• iguana-orig-size.JPG
    iguana-orig-size.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • iguana-orig-vp20.JPG
    iguana-orig-vp20.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • iguana-orig-brifter.JPG
    iguana-orig-brifter.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,117
  • iguana-orig-black-gold.JPG
    iguana-orig-black-gold.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • iguana-orig-iso.JPG
    iguana-orig-iso.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 1,122
  • iguana-orig-side.JPG
    iguana-orig-side.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 1,121
  • iguana-orig-manual.JPG
    iguana-orig-manual.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,118
  • iguana-orig-receipt.JPG
    iguana-orig-receipt.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,118
What a beautiful looking bike, the Black & Gold scratch paint looks awesome, got to get it back to looking its best!

Re:

Got to agree with the above: that is an awesome paint job! :cool: Too nice to be a parts donor; restore to full glory,

ScooterPie":21zq6262 said:
I picked up a 1994 Giant Iguana in great condition with all original parts except tire(s). The bike has seen little miles but may have been left outside for a short time, or simply ridden on a dusty ride before it slept in the garage for 25 years. There is no rust, but it's dirty. It literally has all the parts as new, and included the receipt and hang tag manual. The right shifter doesn't work (I can fix it), and the brakes are rubbing front and rear - but short of that it's in excellent original condition, including the Araya VP20 wheelset. I will break it down, clean, repack all bearings and relube, and rebuild as OEM. It's too small for me to ride, but the black and gold scratch paint job is fun to look at. I may rob the parts for a rider bike down the line - that was the original intention of buying the bike... but now that I've seen the condition of the bike, and the paperwork, and know the story of the bike, it seems a shame to rob this one for parts. Opinions anybody?

I just got done cleaning mine up. 94 Iguana, Same paint job with a TREK MOGUL BLACK DIAMOND fork ( I still have the original fork), Stored for 24 years, New street tires (Panaracer TourGuard 26-2 inch) and new Shimano brake pads. I'll be postings pics soon. I have all paperwork/fork box, sales slip, owners manual, everything, I'm the original buyer.

Back