1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

ODI grips arrived today so fitted and just a last poll before the end caps go on. I think everyone was right and it looks better without the micro bar ends.

40468045833_da32a6598d_c.jpg

Nailed it...

Re:

A little bit of a Hiatus at the moment whilst I sort out the rear Cassette. I am wanting a gold cassette (obviously :roll: ) and searched the internet for one. The only place I could find an 8 speed was in the Philippines so ordered an 11-32 but was sent a 9 speed 11-40 by mistake (No idea why as it was all done by messenger so everything was written down :facepalm: ), but as it turns out when it arrived it's too shiny and just looks tacky.

33671317128_f484dd2525_c.jpg

I then decided that nitriding a cassette was the only way to go. Looked at XTR cassettes but needed one without a spider that I could dismantle to the individual cogs and after reappraising my size requirements I decided to go for an 11-30 HG50 8 speed cassette and promptly dismantled it. Only trouble being the nickel plating on it is too smooth and shiny so if nitrided it will look equally cheap and tacky,

33671316908_6af770eebb_c.jpg

So out comes my trusty spot blaster and a bit of a test blast on the 30T cog

33671316658_cbf0880c17_c.jpg

Which has worked out well and will be a lot more subtle and match the gold Syncros chainset better.

Now just need to find some alloy 3mm cassette spacers as the shimano one's are horrible black plastic

Re: Re:

yakboy":1uxotya7 said:
ODI grips arrived today so fitted and just a last poll before the end caps go on. I think everyone was right and it looks better without the micro bar ends.

Looking absolutely superb!
Here's a curveball idea.... hows about a cheeky gold decal (Lotus or Easton logo) under the grips? ;)

G

Re: Re:

unkleGsif":28f7kh1s said:
yakboy":28f7kh1s said:

Looking absolutely superb!
Here's a curveball idea.... hows about a cheeky gold decal (Lotus or Easton logo) under the grips? ;)

G
Interesting :D ...I have some idea's so watch this space!

Back