1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

yakboy":1la1dr4x said:
MR OX":1la1dr4x said:
Love a build like this, alt the way through it gets finer & finer.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I seem to be getting a little carried away with this build but I have such a clear vision of what the frame deserves I have to do it justice.

Yeah you do need to do it right, it’s no mass produced Kona, Marin, or Pace etc - all nice bikes but this is special (no offence to the others)

MR OX":3ura8s5n said:
yakboy":3ura8s5n said:
one_bad_mofo":3ura8s5n said:
I'm pretty sure the olive should deform to fit once the compression fitting is tightened. It's been a long time since I installed a set of Maguras. I'll wait for someone else to confirm my thoughts.
That would make sense. Thanks for the reply
Yep, once you clamp them in they deform to fit, if only I could remember the instructions / torque.

Here you go if you want to know the torque settings

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... e.pdf.html

Or beaded hose

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... e.pdf.html

Re:

So fitted the headset today (another nerve wracking 20 mins but all is well) and did a little trial fit of the forks and tried a few wheels. I was going to post pics of each wheel choice for your opinion but after trying them all in one choice stands head and shoulders above the rest. The other choices were Spin 3 spoke wheels or Shimano WH-M535 12 spoke's.. did I make the right choice?

47137009262_69715fe594_c.jpg

And I hope you like the crankset choice.

Re: Re:

yakboy":3m2aitxl said:
...... did I make the right choice?

47137009262_69715fe594_c.jpg

And I hope you like the crankset choice.

Hell yeah to both :D

The wheels are spot on and the chainrings -exquisite

Looking very cool..... :cool:

Loving the 4 spoke JPS Capri style

Attachments

• ford-capri-jps-coupe-1975-f0379-0010.jpg
    ford-capri-jps-coupe-1975-f0379-0010.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 343
Re:

My initial thoughts were that spins would look better but the carbon on the spinergys just looked right. I will post pics with them on today so you can make your own mind up. As for Hed Ringle wheels that was a choice but they are so hard to find and tend to go for silly money but I still scan the net regularly hoping a pair at a decent price will come up.

Re:

Wow those spinergy’s look awesome. Have to say I was a little bit disappointed not to have seen the spins though.

Latest posts

Back